Thank G*d for my NY Yankees!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thank G*d for my NY Yankees!!!

NYC#1finsfan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Wishing that the tradition and winning ways would rub off on my absolute #1 favorite team in existence, the Dolphins, it just never seems to come to fruition. Don't tell me about salary cap B.S. it's the culture that IS THE YANKEES that the Dolphins lack and have never captured. They came close in the wee early years of the 1970's but since then it's been one way traffic. And yes I have to deal with the NY Knicks & NY Rangers as well so I know plenty of disappointment. But honestly the Dolphins hurt me the most and I am most disappointed in them.

A winning culture is lacking in Miami and it's awful that the hierarchy doesn't demand it like the NYY do. Here in NY you get run out of town if you don't perform. In Miami mediocrity is tolerated and I just don't get it. Stephen Ross is a New Yorker and acts like a weak SOB. I absolutely love south Florida and would love to live there one day but I don't get the lack of a winning attitude. Just win baby like Al Davis said and George Steinbrenner lived his life by that same credo. I brought up my son a Dolphins fan but he wouldn't be caught dead wearing a Dolphins jersey he's so embarrassed. I can't say I blame him, I actually feel sorry for him. Marino, my childhood idol, does nothing for the organization that's tangible and Ross is clueless. What to do?????

Wishing that the tradition and winning ways would rub off on my absolute #1 favorite team in existence, the Dolphins, it just never seems to come to fruition. Don't tell me about salary cap B.S. it's the culture that IS THE YANKEES that the Dolphins lack and have never captured. They came close in the wee early years of the 1970's but since then it's been one way traffic. And yes I have to deal with the NY Knicks & NY Rangers as well so I know plenty of disappointment. But honestly the Dolphins hurt me the most and I am most disappointed in them.
Enjoy your 1 game...

tenor.gif

Or thank god baseball doesn’t have a cap.
Baseball (and Basketball) have a soft cap. You break it and you start to pay the luxury tax. The Yankees are actually below it this year. However, the Dodgers have $64M in payroll more than them and are well above it.

Thank God baseball is almost over. Sorry, I agree with Beano Cook. It's truly one of the three best days of the sports year: the end of the baseball season. Hell, sports talk hardly mentions it any more.

You do realize that the last time the Yankees won the WS was 12 years ago and they have only won the WS twice this century. Considering they have all the money in the world to spend for players and they play in New York, I think you are still living off the Yankee tradition from the previous century.

They are still a good team considering their payroll but they are no where close to the Yankee teams that dominated MLB in the past.

You do realize that the last time the Yankees won the WS was 12 years ago and they have only won the WS twice this century. Considering they have all the money in the world to spend for players and they play in New York, I think you are still living off the Yankee tradition from the previous century.

They are still a good team considering their payroll but they are no where close to the Yankee teams that dominated MLB in the past.
Largely for the same reasons the Dolphins haven’t won. An owner who won’t make the necessary changes, a GM who thinks he is a genius and focuses on finding diamonds in the rough, and a manager who was chosen mainly because he would do what the GM told him to.

Like the OP, I am taking solace in the fact the Braves are still alive.

It was extra sweet that the phillies just rolled over

#ChopOn

Back
Top Bottom