Thank You Jay Fiedler and Dave Wannstedt | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thank You Jay Fiedler and Dave Wannstedt

play calling...

we win when gailey opens it up, lose when the keep it simple. We needed to bring in Lucas, and start changing things. and about no Oline... Gino Toretta suceeded w/o an Oline in 92 for the canes, and i'm sure other NFL QB's have as well. He had a 245 lbs TE playing tackle for him and still won the heisman. if fiedler had 1/2 of gino's arm and balls, he'd be worth the 10cents he makes. he and lucas flat out WONT win us any games vs big time opponents. dump them and move on, especially lucas if you're not goin to use him at what he's good at. w/ no oline, use your QB w/ legs who hasnt thrown INTs

I'm just blowing off some steam, and I don't think this will start a collapse, but can we just agree the play calling wasn't up to par today(either was any postion of the field, but i covered them in other posts). I really thik this is the least creative offense in the league. I know there are a lot of new guys in the system, and many back ups on the o-line, but this is getting rediculous. I have seen maybee 7 different running plays all year. 4 today. Then the passing game, maybee 6 different plays. Another thing that bother me about the play calling is, no adjutment to what the d is doing. I'm no Lomabardi, but I know if a team is getting a lot of preasure on the qb, you have to call some play to keep them honest. Example a couple of qb draws would have picked up some yards on play the 49ers didn't blitz, it also would keep the d-line looking for the draw. Example 2 a delayed screen pass the the rb chiped an d-line and then moved outside the tackles, would have destroyed the blitzing d. The last thing that I have to draw attention to again was the fing option play. I would have loved to see them try that last week when we were ahead, or maybee even in the first half of a game that we weren't getting smoked, but to run that play in thoose circumstance was horrible. That game was over when Lamar got tackled on that play. It just really looks like our offense play calling is similar to the teams I saw in the d 3 championship game last night, and no where near nfl calliber.

If you cannot stop the run and you cannot run the ball, you will lose every game. Add to that being dominated on both lines of scrimmage and turning the ball over :eek: You knew we were going to miss Daryl ag. some teams. SF is just a better team than us right now in their own stadium. If we win out, this loss with easily forgotten.

Beat the Pats

do you think...............

I disagree completly

you can disagree all you want, but even marino was pulled for strock occaisionally and it worked, we'll never know know. i have never believed that putting in a backup QB for one play or even one series was any good. the backup needs to get the feel of the game! :p

you're right - we need to sign Kitna next year - that will solve all our problems...:goof: :rolleyes: ;) :goof:

i didn't say get rid of fiedler..........

let meask you a question, i didn't see the monday night game, i was working.
when the fins were up 34-6 in the 4th, didwannstedt put in Lucas. i know he didn't in the 24-0 and 21-0 losses. MY POINT IS, WHY EVEN HAVE A BACKUP ON THE PAYROLL IF YOU'RE NOT GONNA USE HIM. we don't even know if we should draft another QB or not, we don't know what we HAVE! :fire: :fire: :fire: :yell: :yell: :yell:

that's cool - we should have put in Lucas ag. the Jets and Colts and maybe ag. the 9ers, but Wanne is just too afraid of a QB contreversy. :(

Originally posted by dolphan39
that's cool - we should have put in Lucas ag. the Jets and Colts and maybe ag. the 9ers, but Wanne is just too afraid of a QB contreversy. :(

And that makes him gutless IMO and we need a head coach that's not gutless. Right?

49ers kick @$$

Face it. Fiedler is a pretender. He's got no business being an NFL QB. I'd be the 1st to admit that the 49er defense is less than stellar, but yesterday, they looked like the '85 Bears.

49ers Rule!!!

I would not fire a head coach for deciding or not deciding whether to put a backup in during mop up / get mopped up time.

You're right, this has got to be the most boring offense in the NFL, back when Dan was playing I saw him do flea flickers and stuff, why aren't we doing that now? We should also try some HB toss and pass plays and stuff, only other plays I saw us do besides the basics was do end arounds...WOWWWWWWWWW...All we gotta do is look at some film of the Rams, and some of the plays they do...remember that play they did on us when they faked to their RB and handed off to the TE coming around the right side? We should at least TRY to do stuff like that.

I don't know if Wannstedt is afraid of a QB controversy or not, I just think that this is Jay's team, and why pull the QB when your defense isn't stopping anyone?

Why are we STILL talking about Jay? If we weren't down by 21 points, then maybe he wouldn't have had to force balls into places to try to win the game. The defense didn't allow us to even get the offense on the field, and when we did, we were down by so many points it was all on Fiedlers back. Then the O line didn't do anything to help matters at all.

Why are we STILL talking about Jay?
everyone wants to know why he was not pulled when we were down 21-0 ;)

Couldn't be because he led us to 5 comeback victories :rolleyes: though if his elbow is/was hurting, then I suppose why not throw Lucas in there - worst case we score 3x and win. :eek:

Why does the Fedler debate end up in every thrread? It is pointless, because our whole team sucked yesterday. Jay sucked Dave sucked Chan sucked the D sucked Turk sucked, o-line sucked. It is just moronic to keep having this debate, because their is no debate no coach in the nfl will yank the qb from a 9-4 team w/only 3 games left to play. After the season I am looking forward to the debates that will go on w/our qb, but now it is just silly. Not any player in the league could have made a difference yesterday when the whole team just quit.

Why are we STILL talking about Jay? If we weren't down by 21 points, then maybe he wouldn't have had to force balls into places to try to win the game. The defense didn't allow us to even get the offense on the field, and when we did, we were down by so many points it was all on Fiedlers back. Then the O line didn't do anything to help matters at all.

we were at 0-0 when fiedler overthrew and had the first pick. i don't even want to hear that garbage about forcing that ball into places!:mad:

Back
Top Bottom