Thank you Jimmy Johnson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thank you Jimmy Johnson

Bumrush

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
JJ, I apoligize for being so hard on you when you left Miami. The anger I felt towards you after the 62-7 debacle and the Marino feud was ill advised. In retrospect you did a fantastic job rebuilding this team by drafting excellent defensive players such as Taylor, Surtain, Thomas and others that have made this team competitive.

I would like to thank you for creating a foundation for success. This foundation gave Wanny a window of opportunity to make a Super Bowl run. Unfortunantly, he has been unable to draft the players at the same caliber that you did. For that you now deserve my praise, not for allowing Wanny to have limited success, but for doing so much for this team that was never built upon.

Don't forget to praise him for hand picking Wanny as his successor.

(F-bomb) Jimmy Johnson! He is a quitter.

That shouldnt overshadow the cap situation he fixed and many of the players he drafted that still anchor this team..... I had a lot of hatred towards him as well, but he was put in a very difficult position of coaching during the twilight of Dan's career and with so many new players on both sides of the ball.

Originally posted by Sherif
I'd love to get Jimmy back.

only if he is the Jimmy of old.

IMO the chances of that are slim. He seemed to burn himself out pretty hard. He was obviously a shell of himself when he got to Miami.

I would like to kick JJ in the nuts for being a quitter!

Originally posted by Bumrush
many of the players he drafted that still anchor this team....

Isn't that part of the problem. Jimmy was a speed guy right? He made that his "mark". He excelled in the draft right?

Jimmy is a moron that would rank right up there with the other NFL failures (Dennis Erickson, Butch Davis, Dave Wannestedt) that come with him out of that Miami Program.

What made Jimmy so great? The Minnesota Vikings and Herschel Walker.

1991 Dallas Cowboy draft results

Round Player
1 Russell Maryland
1 Alvin Harper
1 Kelvin Pritchett
2 Dixon Edwards
3 Godfrey Miles
3 James Richards
3 Erik Williams
4 Curvin Richards
4 Bill Musgrave
4 Tony Hill
4 Kevin Harris
5 Derrick Brownlow
6 Mike Sullivan
7 Leon Lett
9 Damon Mays
10 Sean Love
11 Tony Boles
12 Larry Brown

1992 Dallas Cowboy draft results

1 Kevin Smith
1 Robert Jones
2 Jimmy Smith
2 Darren Woodson
3 Clayton Holmes
3 James Brown
4 Tom Myslinski
5 Gregg Briggs
5 Ron Milstead
6 Fallon Wacasey
9 Nate Kirtman
9 Chris Hall
10 John Terry
11 Tim Daniel
12 Don Harris

Contrast to the Minnesota Vikings results

1st round No choice
2nd round No Choice
6th round No choice
10th round no choice

1st round No choice
2nd round no choice

1st round no choice
2nd round no choice
3rd round no choice

Results

Vikings front office fired. Vikings team sold.

Cowboys win three superbowls with two different coaches.

Enough said!

Originally posted by ZOD

What made Jimmy so great? The Minnesota Vikings and Herschel Walker.

I agree to an extent. But Jimmy is a very good evaluator of talent.
He had a great draft his first couple seasons in Miami. So I give Jimmy credit. I think the main reason he left Miami was because of all the Marino stuff. Not that Dan is long gone, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Wayne H. get Jimmy back. It would then be his team and not Marino's.

Originally posted by BATMAN

But Jimmy is a very good evaluator of talent.

I disagree. One of the problems with this team since 1997 has been the dropoff in December. Do you think size has something to do with that? This has been known as a speed defense. One of the problems that the players constantly point to is wearing down. I don't see any other teams in the league with the same problem.

In retrospect to his first draft in Dallas you can see that he went back to the college division that he played in. He drafted players he had seen in games and on film for four years.

round 2-Daryl Johnston-Syracuse
round 3-Mark Stepnoski-Pittsburgh

In 1990 with the exception of Emmit Smith his draft was filled with terds.

The man was in the right place at the right time in Dallas. After the 62-7 dragging we got in Jacksonville, he knew he wouldn't be so fortunate again. So his ego took him to the television set.

Originally posted by Predaphin34
Id welcome JJ back anytime, no questions asked!

Me too!

As long as he had three extra first round, three extra second round, and one extra third round pick in his back pocket. :D

this team was on the way up when JJ was the coach..
JJ likes everything going his way.. and with marino as QB, JJ could not do exactly what he wanted.. he felt handcuffed
another thing that really bit his azz is the fact that he could not get the running game going.. now that miami has RW, and a good part of the defense he put together, now would be a good time to finish what he started.

Back
Top Bottom