Thank you Nick Saban… | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thank you Nick Saban…

raving said:
Good post -

I remember many many times in our long and illustrious histroy that players from all over the league STRONGLY desired playing in Miami. Hugh Green, Eric Green, Byner, Even Ricky. So on that point - "What choo talking bout Willis?"

OK, we're the same age so...I meant recent history...LOL :)

Saban is a great coach so far. I wouldnt accept KC's 3rd, i dont even think they have a 3rd:confused: ....but if we get another third, we wont be drafting David Baas. So far, Saban hasnt shown any internet in David Baas, which i find sad. We need a C/G who is really good, and Baas is just that. Someone said our offensive coaches are great, and i agree. Someone also said our defensive coordinator wasnt the best choice...and i agree too, lol. Why would u want a LINEBACKERS coach from DETROIT being OUR defensive coordinator. If u want a linebackers coach, try New England, Pittsburgh, or Atlanta's coach. Overall, we shoulda kept Jim Bates.

svnrdr said:
I know that we have not even played a single game as of yet, however I feel, as a fan that some respect and dignity has been, and is being restored to this proud franchise.

• Not compromising and accepting what KC is offering for Pat Surtain. Pat is arguably top-three at the CB position and is worth NO LESS than a second round pick. I love the fact that Saban says he will keep him is OUR asking price is not met. Pat has value to this organization I sure hope trading a five-dollar bill for four ones is over.
  • Assembling the coaching staff that he has, I do wish we could have obtained a different defensive coordinator, but DAMN our offensive coaching staff is formidable without question.
  • I have been a fan for nearly 30 years, and I cannot think of a time that players and coaches were publicly stating their desire to be a Dolphin.
  • Not compromising the future for today with his desire to build this organization with a strong foundation through the draft is most admirable. I don’t expect a quick fix, I do however expect a solid progressive improvement back to the level the most winningest organization….Yes, I made up a new word…LOL

4-12 was the toughest year of my football fanhood (another new word) but our Dolphin future looks so damn good right now…Keep it up coach!

:beerbang:

svnrdr said:

I know that we have not even played a single game as of yet, however I feel, as a fan that some respect and dignity has been, and is being restored to this proud franchise.

I hope so, but I'm not gonna bow down to Saban til after the draft. :eek: I'm very enthusiastic about having him here. I think he is the perfect guy for this franchise, but other than building a significant coaching staff, he hasn't done anything deserving of this kind of praise.

KuD said:
I hope so, but I'm not gonna bow down to Saban til after the draft. :eek: I'm very enthusiastic about having him here. I think he is the perfect guy for this franchise, but other than building a significant coaching staff, he hasn't done anything deserving of this kind of praise.

Thank you for an intelligent response with your opinion...although I disagree and my reasons were bulleted.

If you are waiting until after the draft to bow down to the mighty Saban, j/k, you may be waiting a little longer than expected. No matter who is drafted, it takes at least a couple years to evaluate a draft. We'd be calling Wanny a genius if Jamar Fletcher panned out to be the next Pat Surtain....errrr maybe not...LOL

Nice thread.

I can't wait to see this pride on the field.

Hopefully we will see the pride by filling the stadium EVERY week. There is no reason why Dolphins Stadium shouldn't be sold out weekly.

I had no real beef with Dave as a person but the fact remains we couldn't reach that next level (beyond the first round of the playoffs). That said, here's how Dave and Saban would have seperately handled a dispute with a referree:

Saban: "What the hell are you looking at?! The rule clearly states: 'Two feet in for the TD, unless the reciever is pushed out of the endzone by the defender while in the air'. You guys are killing me here!!."

Dave:
"Aaaahh! Now dat dere is....um.....uhhh, dat dere is, aww God Uh Uh Uh (runs his fingers through his hair)...are you sure 'cuz dat dat dat dat uhhhhhhhhh!"

:chuckle:

svnrdr said:
Thank you for an intelligent response with your opinion...although I disagree and my reasons were bulleted.

If you are waiting until after the draft to bow down to the mighty Saban, j/k, you may be waiting a little longer than expected. No matter who is drafted, it takes at least a couple years to evaluate a draft. We'd be calling Wanny a genius if Jamar Fletcher panned out to be the next Pat Surtain....errrr maybe not...LOL

Indeed, and I do look forward to seeing what Saban really can bring to this team. I am very excited about Dolphins football this year. Yes we do seem to be finally turning things around. It's great that the Wanny era is finally over. I really expect this season to be fun and full of excitement. I hope Saban is the answer. Go Dolphins!

The difference this year is we have a HEAD coach that is making moves to help out the team as a whole. Sure he's a defensive guy like Wanny, but unlike wanny, he realizes that it takes a total team effort and he's not going to compromise what's best for the team. He's not going to put the offense or coordinator in handcuffs concerning his play calling and he's not going to trade a player for unequal value in return. Nick has a plan for the team and for the long run.

fishfan34 said:
The difference this year is we have a HEAD coach that is making moves to help out the team as a whole. Sure he's a defensive guy like Wanny, but unlike wanny, he realizes that it takes a total team effort and he's not going to compromise what's best for the team. He's not going to put the offense or coordinator in handcuffs concerning his play calling and he's not going to trade a player for unequal value in return. Nick has a plan for the team and for the long run.

HUGE difference...Even though we don't know which direction we are going, AT LEAST we know we are going in A direction....LOL

I think the world of Wanny as a person and even as defensive coordinator, but I am sure glad the Wanny era is over...

Back
Top Bottom