Thanks For Helping Us | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thanks For Helping Us

GBpackers10

Active Roster
Reaction score
By beating the Bears! That was great! I know a Bear fan who was saying the refs handed the Dolphins the game. He had referenced a bad call on Trey Burton. I loved that you guys beat them. I don't really think we are going anywhere either but it's always nice to watch the Bears lose.

By beating the Bears! That was great! I know a Bear fan who was saying the refs handed the Dolphins the game. He had referenced a bad call on Trey Burton. I loved that you guys beat them. I don't really think we are going anywhere either but it's always nice to watch the Bears lose.
Clearly, he must have been in the bathroom and missed a few plays.

Yeah he told me he threw his remote. He said we were the better team. I loved his bitterness lol.

Apparently your friend didn't see the play where the Bears defender grabbed Drake by the ankles as he was running his route but did not get called for a DPI.

That is the narrative more than a few Bears fans are choosing to go with. That Miami is a crap team that got lucky due to ref calls. Kinda similar to how the Titans fans felt after they got beat.

It was as clear a pick play as you will see, that was one of the very few times the refs made the right call in our favour. I think in the whole game the Bears got one call that was somewhat questionable that went against them. That was the roughing the passer play where their DE puts his hand up to block the pass and may or may not have hit Brock helmet. Outside that they can have no complaints had how the game was officiated, it was clearly in their favour, the missed trip on Drake was when time was expiring in the tied game and would have put us in field goal range with a new set of downs. They also got a help when the refs gave them the ball at the 20 when they recovered Drakes fumble clearly outside of the end zone.

More like the Dolphins got screwed by the refs.

The Dolphins should've at least been in position for a 50 yard attempt at the end of regulation if the refs had called the PI when Drake got blatantly tackled on 1st down.

Especially shitty non call because if Drake isn't tackled he was gaining 10+ yards easy.

It wasn't even interference, it was a straight up tackle attempt.

The roughing the passer that went in our favor was an embarrassment to football, but that's about it as far as bad calls against the Bears. The missed PI was a critical blown call against us. The OPI against the Bears was the correct call.

It's true that the Burton call was pretty big. It allowed us to get the INT on the next play and stay in the game. Those pick plays are really becoming another huge subjective call that allows refs to manipulate the game (like holding). They happen all the time and if they want to clamp down on an offense (e.g. us against the Raiders) you see them call those constantly. Whereas you let a team get away with a blatant pick and it's a TD.

At this point, I'm almost ready to have the rules against picks just abolished. The refs are so inconsistent about what is and isn't a pick. Let the receivers block within five yards of the line of scrimmage on passes. Sure it will make DBs' lives hell but fewer stupid calls.

Back
Top Bottom