That's How you Go Into Pittsburgh and WIN a Playoff game!!! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

That's How you Go Into Pittsburgh and WIN a Playoff game!!!

From a matchup standpoint Jags defense is better than NEs offense.

jags offense won’t be able to do much unless Fournette goes wild.

which means you can expect a fully loaded box with Billy forcing Bortles to make post-snap reads and accurate throws

i don't expect the jags to score much...and i expect the patriots to take the W

Jags defense held a lot of offensively challenged team to 10 or under in 9 games. When facing the better offensive teams they weren't as dominant.

Patriots offense is better than anyone's defense because when it comes time for that crucial play Brady will make it to the open player. 2nd in points, 1st in yards. And the best defense over the last 13 games.

Last edited:
Id take Blake Bortles and cut Tannehill in a heartbeat if he beats Brady next week.
I like some of your posts because they come across as a passionate fan wanting the best for this team, however, the Bortles thing here makes me rethink that.

You guys are crazy. The Patriots will handle the Jags just like they handle every team that supposedly has a great defense 95% of the time. This great Jags defense has given up 37 to the Titans (LOL), 42 to the Steelers and 44 to Jimmy G. and the Niners. They also gave up 27 to the Cardinals and lost games to the Cardinals and Jets. People are buying this team going into Gillette and beating NE? LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL. C'mon. The Patriots will figure this out by the 2nd quarter, stuff Fournette with their JAG loaded front 7 and make Bortles beat them. I expect to be catching up on Chicago Fire and PD by the 4th quarter just like I was this past week.

This isn't Mike Tomlin!
Crazy? I assume you watch the Dolphins regularly. You would see that at times we have the recipe on defense to beat them. Rattle Brady, knock him down, put hands on his helmet, and drive him to the ground. Also, stuff the receivers at the line and throw off the timing. You don't think the jags defense (Better than us) can do this?

Sure, the Dolphins have had the the defensive recipe to handle the Patriots in the past. But only at home. Foxborough is a different animal.
Brady gets in that quick snap offense and the even best defenses wilt. Then you have the refs. The Jags gave up 5 TD's to Big Ben. Not shutting down Brady in his own house.

Jags defense held a lot of offensively challenged team to 10 or under in 9 games. When facing the better offensive teams they weren't as dominant.

Patriots offense is better than anyone's defense because when it comes time for that crucial play Brady will make it to the open player. 2nd in points, 1st in yards. And the best defense over the last 13 games.

I really think Brady’s play overshadows what they put together on defense, happens time and time again. I mean you just knew they would be clicking on all cylinders late in the year again.

Crazy? I assume you watch the Dolphins regularly. You would see that at times we have the recipe on defense to beat them. Rattle Brady, knock him down, put hands on his helmet, and drive him to the ground. Also, stuff the receivers at the line and throw off the timing. You don't think the jags defense (Better than us) can do this?

No I don’t think they can do this. Gronk is the difference here. He will require attention which will free the other guys up. Brady will kill them with the backs as slot WR’s. The real joke is Jacksonville’s offense vs NE’s defense. The Pats wlll gameplan to stop the running game and force Bortles to beat the strength of their defense, the secondary, which Jacksonville will no be able to do. We’ve seen this movie so many times. I’ll be rooting for Jax like everyone else but this thing is a forgone conclusion. The Patriots will win the Super Bowl again.

To beat them you have to be able to beat their secondary. I don’t think there is a team left that can do that. They all lost this past weekend.

matt ryan throwing that low slant route to Julio that was down at the 1 is basically ryans career in a nut shell...if he throws that ball out front where Julio can catch it and momentum leads him he's gonna score there...but nope a shoddy throw in the mission critical

hes cleaned up a lot of his "mistakes" though...

that defense is whats overrated...if you cant handle that limited offense the eagles showed you due to the qb you aren't a very good outfit...

The only difference.. The Steelers ain't no Patriots.

When you play against New England, you are playing against welll.... New England, the referees, the NFL, Las Vegas and last but not least TV ratings$$$

NE just got lucky on their last drive. Gronk had dropped that pass before he got hit so they got a gift and then they got another gift on a bad call on the PI that was nowhere near the receiver. Jax has dominated this game but luck and the refs just put the pats back in the game. I hope they don't get any more freaking breaks in the second half

Ozzy rules!!

NE just got lucky on their last drive. Gronk had dropped that pass before he got hit so they got a gift and then they got another gift on a bad call on the PI that was nowhere near the receiver. Jax has dominated this game but luck and the refs just put the pats back in the game. I hope they don't get any more freaking breaks in the second half

Ozzy rules!!

There wasn't anything lucky about that game. Brady made the pivotal play on 3rd and 18 down 20-10. Fail to convert there and Jacksonville is likely to win. Once Brady connected on the dart over the middle, the remainder seemed like a mere formality.

I love aggressive throws over the middle like that. Jacksonville like so many teams tried to get clever with loopy throws down the sideline. They may work early but every time I see those type of throws in a pivotal situation deep in a game I shake my head. Low percentage. If you're going down at least do it with authority.

Can you imagine trying to convert 3rd and 18 with Jarvis Landry out there? I was thinking that prior to the play, and afterward. Now, I'm sure there are outlier examples of when he has made a 3rd and long conversion like that. Meaningless. He'll be chugging along with the defensive back smack alongside, and every instinct in Landry's body will want to cut off the route long before 18 yards.

Jacksonville went into an offensive shell somewhat like Georgia against Alabama, although not quite that bad. Both of them blew the same lead: 20-10 in the 4th quarter.

Yeah the 3rd and 18 despite drop out coverage was the dagger. Safety Gipson I think it is had to play that better must defend the sticks

Brady shuffled to manipulate the drop coverage there prior to the throw.

New England d will get no love but I think it was 3 straight 3 and outs in the 4th quarter when it mattered

Jax play caller didn’t trust bortles hard to blame him when he threw behind guys all day long.

They found a way without gronk. Helps that the other qb is no threat

Ozzy rules!!

I don't know if luck is really how I'd describe it when the defending champion, 17 year dynasty team wins at home.

Back
Top Bottom