The 2008 Tampa Bay Rays Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2008 Tampa Bay Rays Thread

King Nate

His Majesty
Reaction score
It's the ten-year anniversary of the Rays and I think they should celebrate by no longer being the only team to never make the playoffs.

WILD CARD, BABY!

Hm, that'd be a little bit of a stretch. He'd have to average more than 222 hits per season to reach it by then. Not outside the realm of possibility, but highly unlikely.

He'd probably have 200 hits if he'd ever played 162 game season. Which i dont believe he has. He almost a 300. career hitter so you figure he at least has the potential to rattle off some 200+ hit seasons and if he kept doing that then he'd be in. Granted unless there is some kind of vast Rays turn around i dont think he'd get 3000 with them. Granted i dont know his contract status.

He'd probably have 200 hits if he'd ever played 162 game season. Which i dont believe he has. He almost a 300. career hitter so you figure he at least has the potential to rattle off some 200+ hit seasons and if he kept doing that then he'd be in. Granted unless there is some kind of vast Rays turn around i dont think he'd get 3000 with them. Granted i dont know his contract status.

he was signed to a long extension not to long ago. and the rays are making that vast turn around your talking about right now.

he was signed to a long extension not to long ago. and the rast are making that vast turn around your talking about right now.

They certainly are. With a commitment to spending more money, finally getting some pitching, cutting ties with the bad seeds on the team, and bringing in some good veterans...we're going to start seeing that vast turn around this season!

:woot:

i am a yankee fan, but im here to tell ya that rays are doing a hell of a job building this team i live in florida and i find watching them play very entertaining(except when playing the yanks of course)
i really like the LHP they drafted last year in david price i think the kid is going to be a stud

the rays will have a better record than baltimore this year and i think the rays will push upwards of a .500 record and i think next season they will be fighting for a wc and in 3 years they will be fighing for the east

the rays have a mess load of talent and they will be bringing up evan longoria who is going to be a beast

You guys seen the new Rays Logo? Pretty bland. Apparently due to the number of complaints from several Christian organizations, the franchise decided to drop the "Devil" from its name, Pretty bad when you've had 3 logo changes and 0 playoff appearances...

You guys seen the new Rays Logo? Pretty bland. Apparently due to the number of complaints from several Christian organizations, the franchise decided to drop the "Devil" from its name, Pretty bad when you've had 3 logo changes and 0 playoff appearances...

I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing. Yes, the Rays have zero playoff appearances but they've only been around for ten years, the majority of which was spent on bad decisions (i.e. Canseco, Mo Vaughn, Vinny Castilla, etc.)

They're finally turning it around though, so why not revamp completely and disassociate themselves from any reminders of losing?

How long until Evan Longoria gets the call to be the everyday third baseman? I used watch him play at CSULB, nice to see him getting so much praise.

How long until Evan Longoria gets the call to be the everyday third baseman? I used watch him play at CSULB, nice to see him getting so much praise.

unless he doesnt play well in the spring, he should start the year as our everyday 3B. hes the truth. we already moved Aki over to 2B for him, and Aki was probably the best fielding 3B in the AL, and possibly the NL to.

btw heres a good article on him..

Sports_Longori_2572406-1.jpg

Ask around the clubhouse, and other players have no doubt Longoria is ready. "Hell, yes," B.J. Upton said. "Ready right damn now."

yeah the ays every year I pull for them to do good and was dissapointed but this year is lookin kind of good I think you guys can win 79-80 games this year.

Back
Top Bottom