The 2015 Young QB Tracking Thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2015 Young QB Tracking Thread

Cool ! I have a different algoritham and my results are quite diiferent. I include all base qb stats including rushing, fumbles, ints.

Cool ! I have a different algoritham and my results are quite diiferent. I include all base qb stats including rushing, fumbles, ints.

Bulk stats aren't system agnostic. The only exception I've made are TDs and fumbles, which are generally game deciders.

Yeah but I am interested in total performance of a qb on a team, not in a vacuum.

Yeah but I am interested in total performance of a qb on a team, not in a vacuum.

A) The stated purpose of this thread is to measure how young QBs are performing relative to each other.
B) The results do track to team performance, you just have to be aware of what happened within a given game.

I have a different matrix. I call it dominance tracking because I try to determine how dominant a qb is. I break down dominance into 3 categories: dominate moving the ball, dominate scoring, and dominate reliance by the team.
I convert sacks and ints into attempts and negative yards. Basically a sack is a failed attempt so I add them to attempts, and negative yards to to total yards. I input selected number for negative yards for all qbs, -7 yds for sacks and -20 for int, and not the actual return yards bc that is team and game dependent. I also add 3 failed attempts for each int because an int is like 3 and out. I also add rushing yds to attempts and completions and yards. Fumbles the same way, -7 yds for each fumble for all qbs.
In the end everything is converted to completions attempts yards and tds and from there its a formula.

I have a different matrix. I call it dominance tracking because I try to determine how dominant a qb is. I break down dominance into 3 categories: dominate moving the ball, dominate scoring, and dominate reliance by the team.
I convert sacks and ints into attempts and negative yards. Basically a sack is a failed attempt so I add them to attempts, and negative yards to to total yards. I input selected number for negative yards for all qbs, -7 yds for sacks and -20 for int, and not the actual return yards bc that is team and game dependent. I also add 3 failed attempts for each int because an int is like 3 and out. I also add rushing yds to attempts and completions and yards. Fumbles the same way, -7 yds for each fumble for all qbs.
In the end everything is converted to completions attempts yards and tds and from there its a formula.

You should definitely start your own thread and do rolling updates like I am. God knows this forum needs more than the bitching threads presently inundating it.

As of right now, Andy Dalton is the 2nd best young QB on this list. Wouldn't be laughing too hard.

At this point in Tannehill's career, I think he closely resembles Dalton in terms of what he is able to do. He is a QB that must be surrounded with excellent talent to raise his performance, instead of raising the performance levels of his fellow players on offense. I'm close to giving up on Ryan being a franchise QB. I think he's a pretty good player, but that's all I'd put money on.

Back
Top Bottom