The Admit You Were Wrong Thread | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Admit You Were Wrong Thread

The ones who were most wrong were the idiots who rooted for the Bills vs the Chiefs. You never root for seeding until the division is clinched.
Would have worked out fine if we beat the Titans but Noooooo. Not that who we are rooting for means anything.

Allen is an NFL Beast. Tua is a fraud. Stat padder and garbage when it matters.
While absolutely hate Allen, he is a far better QB than Tua will ever be. Even when he makes mistakes, (which was a lot this year), he can still use his athleticism to overcome them. On the other hand, I don't understand why defenses have such a hard time tackling him... he's not a Terminator cyborg, he's just a big guy. That said, a QB like Allen is what Miami should have, especially since they have a history of o-line issues and they need a QB who can make plays when the protection breaks down. Tua is not that guy, and never will be. Really, what does it say when you have a QB who admits that sometimes he can't see open WRs because he's too short and can't see over the linemen? IMO, at the QB position, the bigger and stronger, the better.

Miami won 11 games, are in the playoffs, and when healthy or even somewhat healthy on Offense, are the most dangerous Offense in the NFL...So I wasn't wrong.
Dangerous to whom? Themselves maybe. Against quality opponents they avg. about 17 points and we lost every one of those games except the squeaker against Dallas. Many of those games Waddle/Mostert were healthy along with Tua/Tyreek. There is ample evidence over 2 years now that this offense as currently constructed, is not very special at all against upper echelon opponents. Scrub teams? Sure, we'll work them silly. Anybody with a pulse though uses Miami as their get right or statement game when it matters. Year in, year out.

Many of us saw Tua's limitations and were respectfully critical of them, after all Tua is a sweet guy and there's nothing personal with him, he's just not the Qb that's going to take this team far in the playoffs.

His value was ever so inflated due to McDaniels brilliant scheming. Tua became a beautiful spot thrower with the speed and weapons surrounding him. Defenses are exposing this now and congesting the predictable throwing lanes. Forcing him to throw beyond his first read, hitting the out route etc...only further exposing Tua's limitations.

...and belive it or not, this will continue. The best days of Tua are behind him so if we were wise this team would move on from Tua after this season while his value is still decent. Wait another season and the McDaniel will only crucify himself with this attachment to Tua.

Will be interesting to see if McDaniel has the courage to move on this offseason. Find a trade partner and lets wipe the slate clean at Qb.
IMO, while McD's "brilliant scheming" made Tua look good, when defenses made Tua look bad, they also exposed McDaniel as a fraud who should not be calling the plays. I think that both Tua and McDaniel should be replaced, because I don't see McD giving up playcalling duties or making the team more disciplined.

IMO, while McD's "brilliant scheming" made Tua look good, when defenses made Tua look bad, they also exposed McDaniel as a fraud who should not be calling the plays. I think that both Tua and McDaniel should be replaced, because I don't see McD giving up playcalling duties or making the team more disciplined.
I'll wait and judge his play calling when he has a cerebral qb that can read and process the field, with the ability to make all the throws. I believe Tua was a significant reason of why the plays would take so long to call in. Discipline is a legitimate concern and we'll see if he changes his tune next season. Regardless, McD deserves another season... this time with a QB that can keep up.

That's the sad thing. Our QB is such trash the opp QB can still win even after multiple TOs
Think about that for a minute? If we turned the ball over 5 times would we even have been remotely competitive? No, would have been a blowout. We turn them over 5 times and still lose? Get 50 2nd half yards? Let's see, this seems familiar. At Philly, defense scores a TD, great, you usually win when you get a defensive score right? Not us, not when your healthy speedy offense puts up 10 points. Home against Tennessee, whoa, defense scores again! At home against a team that hadn't won on the road all year and you get a defensive score, that's a win right? No not for us. Both the offense and defense choked that one up. Pretty sad to waste all those opportunities. This offense is fraudulent, good against the bottom half of the league, very ordinary against top half. Tua is the QB, he's not the only reason for this but he's a big part of it.

I was right all along i told you all in September we had a coaching problem when all of you were goggle-eyed over McDaniel I saw a clearly flawed Coach

I'll wait and judge his play calling when he has a cerebral qb that can read and process the field, with the ability to make all the throws. I believe Tua was a significant reason of why the plays would take so long to call in. Discipline is a legitimate concern and we'll see if he changes his tune next season. Regardless, McD deserves another season... this time with a QB that can keep up.
really both of your top receivers are injured and one is out. The first half you are running at 7yards per clip and had the lead at halftime and in the second half you run 3 times? You need wait and see what? Play calling?

While absolutely hate Allen, he is a far better QB than Tua will ever be. Even when he makes mistakes, (which was a lot this year), he can still use his athleticism to overcome them. On the other hand, I don't understand why defenses have such a hard time tackling him... he's not a Terminator cyborg, he's just a big guy. That said, a QB like Allen is what Miami should have, especially since they have a history of o-line issues and they need a QB who can make plays when the protection breaks down. Tua is not that guy, and never will be. Really, what does it say when you have a QB who admits that sometimes he can't see open WRs because he's too short and can't see over the linemen? IMO, at the QB position, the bigger and stronger, the better.
Allen is not going to win anything unless things break there way. Tip passes TJ watt getting hurt. doubt they win 2 playoff games they are not good we should have beaten them even with our injuries.

Dangerous to whom? Themselves maybe. Against quality opponents they avg. about 17 points and we lost every one of those games except the squeaker against Dallas. Many of those games Waddle/Mostert were healthy along with Tua/Tyreek. There is ample evidence over 2 years now that this offense as currently constructed, is not very special at all against upper echelon opponents. Scrub teams? Sure, we'll work them silly. Anybody with a pulse though uses Miami as their get right or statement game when it matters. Year in, year out.

Passing yards- #2
Rushing yards- #6
Total points- #2
Receiving TDs- #5
Rushing TDs- #1 (Tied)

Miami played 17 teams, you can talk about top teams, to manipulate how they did this year, but whether you want to admit it, Miami was dangerous as an offense when healthy.

They lost to the Eagles because Refs were playing favs...Before you come back with There were no favorites. The announcing team calling that game said it, the talking heads who normally have bad things to say about the Dolphins admitted it, and seems the NFL who suspended that ref team thought so.

The KC game came down to just one play on the Chiefs victory, and again it was the Refs who instead of blowing the whistle as they're supposed to when the player with the ball is stopped, waited way way too long when they saw KC players trying to knock the ball out.

As for the Ravens and Bills games, wonder how effective those two offenses are with most of their O-line, one of their top receiver (That had 1000+ yards), and their top RB (That set a new new teamTD record for RB, and among the top scorer) were all out...Add to that their starting QB having issues with his hand.

Stand by what I said, when healthy, one of the most dangerous offenses in football.

we suck again GIF

Many of us saw Tua's limitations and were respectfully critical of them, after all Tua is a sweet guy and there's nothing personal with him, he's just not the Qb that's going to take this team far in the playoffs.

His value was ever so inflated due to McDaniels brilliant scheming. Tua became a beautiful spot thrower with the speed and weapons surrounding him. Defenses are exposing this now and congesting the predictable throwing lanes. Forcing him to throw beyond his first read, hitting the out route etc...only further exposing Tua's limitations.

...and belive it or not, this will continue. The best days of Tua are behind him so if we were wise this team would move on from Tua after this season while his value is still decent. Wait another season and the McDaniel will only crucify himself with this attachment to Tua.

Will be interesting to see if McDaniel has the courage to move on this offseason. Find a trade partner and lets wipe the slate clean at Qb.
Tua this season has 84 passer rating against playoff teams (which would be 9th worst in league if that was his final passer rating)

McDaniel's face and tuas face at end were just typical of this franchise

Back
Top Bottom