The All-Purpose Draft thread.... | Page 112 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The All-Purpose Draft thread....

Not based on 99.9% of mock drafts I've seen in the last 6 months.

Actually today I saw him in a mock to Baltimore at 30 and that's the lowest I've ever seen him.

I know a lot of Penn State fans who think he's great.
Hes is very good but hes not a top 15 player on the board.

At #21, you should absolulty have a top 15 player on your board fall to you. Of the QBs the Dolphins prob have just Caleb W in the top 15. So the other 3 to 4 QBs will force more of our top 15 down the board. Then add in 2 to 3 teams take a player in front of you that you don't have in the top 15, and wah-laa a top 15 player is yours at #21.

If you legit have Chop Robinson in your top 15 then I understand your argument, I just don't have him that high.

I wouldn't be surprised if Verse ends up being the first defensive player drafted. But, the fact that he is 24 may move him down the board. Absolutely love the player.

I remember the year Tennessee took Kearse. Everyone had them taking a receiver, but Kearse fell into their laps. He was an immediate difference maker.

You just never know what will happen.
The more I look at Chubbs contract
Mr Bean Omg GIF

The more the idea of taking an Edge excites me. We could get out of that Chubb deal relatively soon I think.

Nothing wrong with Chubb, hes been fine but he needs to keep up this level of play at the very least to be worth that contact.

The more I look at Chubbs contract
Mr Bean Omg GIF

The more the idea of taking an Edge excites me. We could get out of that Chubb deal relatively soon I think.

Nothing wrong with Chubb, hes been fine but he needs to keep up this level of play at the very least to be worth that contact.
To add to that, you've got to have an excellent pass rush to compete with Kansas City, Buffalo, Baltimore etc.

It's a premium position for a reason.

Thanks for this information.

It's interesting. Because there's the eye test, then these actual numbers which are contradictory.

As well as some stats or metrics appear to contradict each other.

I'm not saying you are contradicting.

What I mean is we were 3rd in blown pass block rate. Yet we had 2.1 clean pocket time. Tua had a 2.28 release time. That implies the pass blocking wasn't able to block,cleanly long enough for the leagues fastest QB, yet they were 3rd on pass block blown rate. While at the same time 31st in pass block win rate.

Some of these just don't make sense or add up.

But I mean, stats are stats. Numbers don't lie.

I'm just trying to interpret them lol.

But thanks for providing this info. Good talk
I think one thing where those advocating bolstering the OL may be disappointed in their premises, is that even if we drafted say, Fautanu and Haynes, which would give us a future LT and a 2024 LG, as well as a plug-and-play RG, McDaniel has his offense designed to get the passes away in under 2.5 seconds and that is not going to change. McDaniel, for the most part, does not require his OL to hold their blocks longer than 2.5 seconds in at least 80% of the pass plays.

Hey 91, if you were to rank this class of Wide Receivers versus the last say 20 years worth of classes. Where would they rank?

The more I think about it, this class might end up being historically good.
Haha Chad. Just good. Not all time top 10 good or excellent? Might. Possibly.

Sorry just being an ass...carry on.

The only one who is projected to maybe available is Barton, who I like a lot, but he projects as a Guard.
Fautanu is not just a guard, for most teams. Other career, (for the most part), LTs include Fashanu and Morgan. A little further down, Saumataia and Paul. The latter was amazingly effective in pass pro in 2023 and is a physical prototype.

I understand that point of view. But if I had to choose between a top OT and a WR this draft, I'm taking the OT. Fortunately I think we can maneuver and pick up both.
how about choosing between a much higher-rated WR, such as BTJ, or the 5th or 6th OT? If BTJ is on the board at 21, we could see teams like Buffalo and KC trying to trade up, and it would be a little disconcerting to trade with either and strengthen either to that degree at WR. With his catch radius, speed, etc, BTJ could be wicked with Josh Allen throwing to him. With Mahomes throwing, it would be a nightmare for the opposition. Even if we would not be strengthening the OL, drafting BTJ would keep him out of the hands of arch-rivals and in a couple of years would be solidified as Waddle's opposite number after Hill moves on.

The mythical standard was 34" but then looking at some of the standouts now there are several under 34". Penei Sewell, Rashawn Slater for example were 33 1/4 and 33 respectively. Zach Tom is another guy that Barton reminds me of. He also has 33 1/4" arms and was considered relatively weak on the bench. 34" arms are an advantage but not some magical demarcation line. I don't believe it'll be any different with 33" or that the 1/8" or even a 1/2" difference dooms Barton.

It reminds me of when people would say "no QB's under 6'2" could succeed. Then it got moved to 6'0". But there were some idiots who passed on Russell Wilson b/c he didn't meet some threshold that used to be deemed important. For Barton, I agree that at worst he has potential to be a standout IOL. But to claim he can't also be a standout T is placing too much importance on an 1/8". Reality is that the situation he lands in is what will determine where he ends up. If the team he's on needs him to play T, he will. If it needs him at G or C, then he'll play there.
Preach it, buddy. This is so 100% totally the pure gospel!!

Not based on 99.9% of mock drafts I've seen in the last 6 months.

Actually today I saw him in a mock to Baltimore at 30 and that's the lowest I've ever seen him.

I know a lot of Penn State fans who think he's great.

I'm set with Chop as my final first pick.

"Grier’s list. I suspect they like Darius Robinson a lot."

The last time we drafted a 'pass rusher' from Mizzery didn't turn out too well for us. Hard pass here, slow first step, low rep on the bench, and limited PR moves. If the top 2 edge are gone I'm on to another position, too many other needs. I'm not even sure edge is my top need.
This is always faulty logic. What happened with Harris has less than zero percent to do with whether or not Darius Robinson succeeds in the NFL.

About 10,700 minutes to go until we find out who we are selecting, give or take 20 minutes.

The Monday/Tuesday the week of the draft are the hardest to get through.

Thankfully my boss is a Bears fan and really into draft discussion, helps get through the day.
Which one is your boss? :)
46860ddc-1e43-46fa-a57d-e0c8a0f751b3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom