The All-Purpose Draft thread.... | Page 133 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The All-Purpose Draft thread....

What's preventing him from playing LT? Surely, it's not talent/tools. Surely, it's not that he's a slow learner. Mims basically looked great out of the gate at Georgia/is way ahead of schedule.

I get concerns about lack of experience. I don't get the RT-only label.
He looks like he lumbers too much. More of a straight line athlete than a guy who is nimble enough to handle the quicker guys on the left. I suspect that what Zeurline and the teams he's spoken to see.

Austin Jackson was commonly regarded as a natural left tackle during pre draft evaluations a few years ago, if we draft a right tackle he's going to be moving back there eventually. His rookie season is irrelevant today imo, when you add his health issues to him being extremely young and bad coaching / culture.

The Mims disrespect on this board is puzzling to me. I could see him being an All-Pro LT.
He seems a very high-ceiling but low-floor prospect, aka boom/bust. IMO, it seems like it would take a lot of imagination considering he has never played LT in college or close to even one full season. Considering that is the case, the idea he will be an All-Pro LT seems rather far-fetched.

I grant you that the lack of experience is a worry but not enough of one for me to not take swing.

This guy could be All World in time.

He meets the Bill Parcells "Walking The Earth" theorem for sure.
The Planet Theory you are thinking of traces back to George Young, former Giants GM when Parcells was their head coach. Young happened to be employed by the Dolphins as Director of player personnel for 4 years before leaving for the Giants.

He seems a very high-ceiling but low-floor prospect, aka boom/bust. IMO, it seems like it would take a lot of imagination considering he has never played LT in college or close to even one full season. Considering that is the case, the idea he will be an All-Pro LT seems rather far-fetched.

I understand the diferrence.

But wasn't he widely considered the top Tackle coming out of High School where he excelled at LT?

So it's not like he has no experience.

Why exactly would he not project well as a LT in the NFL.

Not being argumentative. I'm seriously trying to understand. I am not a college guy. I'm not a numbers guy who understands these projections etc.

There is a possibility that both Atlanta and Philadelphia are docked draft picks for tampering. What the penalties are, remains unknown for now. It appears a decision could come prior to the draft on Thursday night.

Atlanta is appearently the team looking at a more severe penalty than Philadelphia.

I'm hoping both lose 1st round draft picks. If they lose the 1st round picks in 2024, Miami could be sitting pretty? If its 2025 picks, the draft is so stacked, so both teams losing potential 1st round picks only helps.

Back
Top Bottom