The Andrews Brothers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Andrews Brothers

finsnchips

2005 FinHeaven GM League Champion!!
Reaction score
Some people have mentioned that Miami may go Oline in both rd1 and rd3 of the draft.

How about picking up Shawn Andrews (rd1) and his brother, Stacy (rd4).

They would combine for a monstrous right side to our Oline.

Shawn and Stacy

I mentioned this several weeks ago, after Shawn's pro day....Stacy is raw and we probably could get him even later than the 4th...Stacy would require a season or two to mature and learn the game better, but has the same skill potential as Shawn does. I'd love picking him up, even in the 4th, 6th or 7th rounds.

Preferably Shawn in the 1st, but if he's gone, Stacy would be fine in the 4th. I don't think we should take 2 OL in the first 4 rounds though.

I think if we take a 2nd o-lineman it'd be in the late rounds and the player would probably be PS material this year.

Ozzy rules!!

I made a thread not too long ago about Stacy. I think he would be a steal in the later rounds. I personally think he has enough talent to start by next season (not this season though). So after we address our O-line needs for this year in the early rounds...then I would have no problem picking this guy up..even if he is inexperienced.

Siblings competing with each other for spots on the same offensive line at the same position might not be the most ideal situation in the world.

I was assuming that if we got Stacy in the late rounds, it would be because we did not go after Shawn or he was taken before we picked.
Somehow, I am beginning to think that RS does not want to go OL in the first round...that is why he has Page in now...just a thought....

I agree... but I would assume that it is more that Dave doesn't want to go O in rd1 and doesn't want to pass on the defense talent that could be available at 20 - Wilfork, Starks, DJ Williams, Vilma, Robinson, Hall, Gamble, Strait.

Back
Top Bottom