The Answer | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Answer

gish

Mental Moonwalker
Reaction score
I was just sitting here, in my oh so comfortable chair that I bought from Office Depot, thinking about what the possible answers could be that could get Miami out of the hole they are in. I also happen to be wearing a dual-colored Ricky Williams jersey. You have to ask yourself a question. How comfortable do you have to be to reach the state of total clarity? Or do you simply have to be so close to the answer that it smacks you in the face like a California roll at a sushi bar after you forget to tip your Sushi chef? Nevertheless, I came to a conclusion. And yes, it does involve Ricky Williams. And yes, I've made peace with that fact and I'm willing to move on.

Ricky Williams, once again, has a chance to make this organization. I believe this is his third attempt, give or take a failed drug test or two. And notice I said "make", not "make or break". This time he will get no chance to break our hearts. But, yes, he will get another chance to make them dance like little school kids playing tag in the playground. Cam Cameron is going to draft a RB in the first day of the draft. Why? Might you ask. Because I said so, thats why. No, here's really why. Lets say we get our hands on 2002 or 2003 Ricky. This will leave us with three viable runningbacks which would make Cam Cameron smile from ear to ear. But, lets say we get our hands on 2004 or 2006 Ricky. We still have two viable runningbacks which is a neccesity in Cameron's offense. I really dont see any risk involved in this move. The only bad things that could happen would be if Ricky got banned again, our rookie was a bust, and Ronnie gets hurt. Assume one of these three tragedies happens. We still have, at worst, a great premier back and a viable backup. Imagine 2 of these tragedies happen. We, at worst have a rookie starting at halfback. And if all 3 happen, we better hope Sammy Morris i still available. But odds of one happening are rather significant. Odds of two happening are unlikely but if we draft a RB on the first day we will still have a viable RB. And the odds of all three happening are just absurd. I think Mr. Cameron will see things my way and keep Ricky as a factor and draft a RB. Not doing so would make Ricky just another risk. Following this strategy, Ricky Williams would be.......THE ANSWER.

(no disrespect to Morris, he's just no Turner)

Man..ilike ure post..but..we are no ttakin a HB in first ound (even thogh, ASM UCH AS I WANT RICKY BACK) and beliv me, i want him back! I dunt think muell will take him.

I do belive Ricky is a BIG piece to the puzzle!

Man..ilike ure post..but..we are no ttakin a HB in first ound (even thogh, ASM UCH AS I WANT RICKY BACK) and beliv me, i want him back! I dunt think muell will take him.

I said 1st day, not first round.

I am a HUGE believer in two back offenses. That said, I believe we already have four good backs on the roster, not including Ricky, (Brown, Morris, Cobbs, and Minor) and we have other huge holes to fill like OL, QB, CB, LB and kicker. Therefore, I see no RB in our draft plans.

GO PHINS~!

god you sound like i sounded back in 05 when he came back...stop living in the past, ricky will never be the one we used to see, he's 30, smoking weed 24/7 and in conflict with our GM.... chances are from slim to none that he's playing for us and/or being good like he used to be.... ricky's done

god you sound like i sounded back in 05 when he came back...stop living in the past, ricky will never be the one we used to see, he's 30, smoking weed 24/7 and in conflict with our GM.... chances are from slim to none that he's playing for us and/or being good like he used to be.... ricky's done

At least you're optimistic. Thanks for your OPINION.

He said first day, not first round.

At least you're optimistic. Thanks for your OPINION.

I'm optimistic about Ronnie Brown, i'm optimistic that Cam Cameron will lead our offense well, i am optimistic about a whole lotta things but mainly things that are POSSIBLE.... Ricky made me love this team and I do share the same feeling like all of you...the simple difference is that I am realistic, not a dreamer

I'm all for Ricky coming back and also taking a RB in the first day of the draft. It sounds stupid, but if you look at SD depth at RB, it's pretty good. If LT went out they still would have a great run game.

And i will add up to these RW thing! for ones, i'm fedup with his sh###, no body know if he will be with us or not , nobody can say if he will pass all his DRUG test, if he play a couple of game, that's great, but something that is a fact is that he is not reliable. So! don't bit on peaple that are tire of RW stupidity. First, shame on you, 2nd shame on my, 3er shame on ....

You want to draft a running back on the first day so we can have three viable options in case someone gets injured or suspended? Sammy Morris can be that third option just as he was back in 2004 and again last year. He also saves a roster spot by being able to play FB.
If Ricky doesn't come back, then and only then do I see a running back being taken on the first day.

I'm optimistic about Ronnie Brown, i'm optimistic that Cam Cameron will lead our offense well, i am optimistic about a whole lotta things but mainly things that are POSSIBLE.... Ricky made me love this team and I do share the same feeling like all of you...the simple difference is that I am realistic, not a dreamer

I didnt say I was expecting for Ricky to lead the team to the super bowl singlehandedly. I was merely trying to state how significant his role would be in a system run by Cam Cameron, similar to Michael Turners role in San Diego. I wasnt trying to place him ahead of Ronnie, I was simply commenting on how effective he would be spelling him in the 4th quarter, which is Cam Camerons trend. And the only way for this to work is to have someone behind Ricky on the depth chart that can replace him at a moments notice without expending any risk. Can you follow that logic? You accused me of living in the past. Maybe I should accuse you of the same. You are treating Ricky as if he isnt a part of this team (2004 and 2006), while I am treating him like a member of this team which he actually is at the present time. Until he is not a Miami Dolphin I will continue to think of him as an asset to this organization, not a thing of the past. Marino is in our past, Ricky is still very much in our present, and if our organization has any wherewithal they will make him part of our near future.

And i will add up to these RW thing! for ones, i'm fedup with his sh###, no body know if he will be with us or not , nobody can say if he will pass all his DRUG test, if he play a couple of game, that's great, but something that is a fact is that he is not reliable. So! don't bit on peaple that are tire of RW stupidity. First, shame on you, 2nd shame on my, 3er shame on ....

Thats exactly my point, thats why we draft a RB, it will allow us to have an insurance policy on Ricky Williams, thus no risk.

The only way we take a running back is if someone falls that not supposed to be there in any first day pick. Tired of RW too but we have bigger problems, he will make a pretty good backup for ronnie and if he fails a test hes gone ohh well no big deal and we hopefully draft someone next year or late pick would worksout from this year:dolphins:

Back
Top Bottom