The Athletic Intelligence Quotient (aiq) < Maybe Rosen Is Not The Smartest Qb | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Athletic Intelligence Quotient (aiq) < Maybe Rosen Is Not The Smartest Qb

Vaark

The Intra-Dimensional Felinians R Coming 2 Save Us
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
This is a not-well-publicized test that supposedly strips out Wonderlic social and cultural biases and concentrates on the cognitive aspects of the sport including Field awareness, Reaction time, Learning, Creativity & Adaptability
You can read more about it here: http://wonderlictestsample.com/aiq-new-wonderlic-test-nfl/

It was leaked (maybe by his agent?) that Baker Mayfield had the 2nd best QB score since 2012 when the test started being administered and within the top 100 college players tested. So far, unlike the Wonderlic results which routinely get leaked, his is the only score I could uncover. It raises the question: "Are some of the test results too embarrassing and as a result being repressed?

We know from insider reports that Mayfield's white board exercise was the only one that "knocked it out of the park." We also know that one QB's exercise was diplomatically deemed "a project."

This test appears to be pretty indicative and relevant in reconciling the differences between general IQ and football intelligence. I'm sure all the front offices have this information and will factor it in if in the primary or even secondary QB markets. If we are looking at QBs, this is one test result I sure would like to know about. For me, it only solidifies the attractiveness of Mayfield.

I think Mayfield will be the 2nd QB off the board and dont think we have a realistic shot at drafting him, unfortunately.

If Gase really likes him, hopefully they have the balls to make a move for him because I think he's what we need at QB and just on this team in general.

If the jets or bills draft him, he will easily be the most hated player in our division and I'm not looking forward to that.

I think Mayfield will be the 2nd QB off the board and dont think we have a realistic shot at drafting him, unfortunately.

If Gase really likes him, hopefully they have the balls to make a move for him because I think he's what we need at QB and just on this team in general.

If the jets or bills draft him, he will easily be the most hated player in our division and I'm not looking forward to that.

He might crotch grab towards our sideline. Boy that would be irritating.

In the current issue of SI there is a story on Baker and it mentions in there that it is believed that he has a photographic memory.

There are a few things to say here. The Wonderlic test does a pretty good job of measuring general intelligence or "g." It has never purported to test "QB intelligence" or whatever, especially since everyone entering the draft takes it. From all accounts, it appears that teams look at it as a red flag when someone gets a low score, but don't really differentiate between people who get sufficiently high scores. In general you need some minimum level of general intelligence to play quarterback in the NFL if you are going to grasp the playbook and exercise sufficient impulse control, things that are correlated very nicely with general intelligence. A difference between a 25 score and 35 score doesn't matter all that much, if at all. However, if a QB prospect scores below 20, teams will at least take a closer look at things. I imagine that anyone that scores below a 10 (which correlates with a double digit IQ) might be considered a do not draft if we're talking about a QB prospect.

I'd be skeptical of this new test that Mayfield scored the highest on (and I imagine a lot of teams are too given that the guys who came up with it only have two clients). For starters, it's proprietary so none of us know what it actually is. The people who are selling it, claim the Wonderlic is culturally and socially biased which is nonsense. It also seems like a small sample size and there isn't a control group, meaning if you can't tell me that your test revealed that Peyton Manning had the highest score of any QB, it's probably not measuring what you say it is. Maybe it does that, it's just that none of us know.

The bottom line is that for a QB it doesn't matter who has the highest intelligence score. You just want to make sure your QB is not an imbecile.

In the current issue of SI there is a story on Baker and it mentions in there that it is believed that he has a photographic memory.

If he had a phoographic memory, he should have scored above a 40 on the Wonderlic.

The Won

The Wonderlic doesn’t work like that.

Yes, I realize that the Wonderlic is not a memory test. But if he actually had a photographic memory, there is a very good chance that he has very high general intelligence, which is what the Wonderlic does test for.

Yes, I realize that the Wonderlic is not a memory test. But if he actually had a photographic memory, there is a very good chance that he has very high general intelligence, which is what the Wonderlic does test for.

This is not accurate.

Back
Top Bottom