The Best Draft Websites... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Best Draft Websites...

Charlie Rivers

SUPERBOWL BOUND!!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
What are the best draft sites on the Internet?

I just go to Google .com and put in NFL draft. This gives me the most updated draft sites of the day. I do this about once a week and it helps me to keep up with the news,rumors etc.

I'd have to disagree with NFLfans.com. It's rankings are way off the wall. The best sites are ones conducted by scouts or former scouts, not fan sites, but of course you have to pay for good information from Kiper or TFYInsiders.

For news on players & workouts: http://www.gbnreport.com/
For interviews of players: http://www.otcdraft.com/index.php
For good scouting reports you'll just have to wait for Kiper or PFW's draft guides to come out.

Best pay site: Matt Gambill's All-Pro Scouting. Matt actually scouts all the players he writes on himself. Last year he identified Charles Tillman as one of the best corners in the draft and sure enough, Tillman surprised people who only checked Mel Kiper and the like.

All-Pro Scouting: Plus There Are Message Boards That You Can Read For Free

Best free site:

My favorite free site right now is thehuddlereport.com. Drew B reviews games tapes of all the prospects he writes on. Whether or not Drew B is right or wrong, at least he is doing his own work and not cutting and pasting from sonewhere else. The best part about the site is the long player bios that contain opinions you won't find elsewhere.

The Huddle Report (Keep In Your Favorites!)

Here's a Sample On Michael Clayton:THE HUDDLE REPORT

Michael Clayton WR LSU

Strengths
Mike is tall (6'4" 200lbs) and strong. He has very good hands and runs smart routes. When the play breaks down, Mike understands what the QB’s needs are and is very good at making himself an easy target. He has leadership qualities; in fact he likes the leadership role but understands the need of a team to have more then one leader. I have not interviewed Mike myself, but I am told that one of his strengths is his character. Mike has improved every year as a wide receiver. This is important for a player who has played multiple positions until his junior year of college. I know this sounds strange, but one of Mike’s biggest strength is the fact that he has not come close to reaching his potential. Mike has good, sure hands and receives the ball from a QB that has a pro arm. The upside with Mike is enormous.

Needs to Improve
Mike is just beginning to learn the role of a number one wide receiver. He is just beginning to learn about routes and how to run them. He must learn to change speeds. He must learn to use his body to shield off defenders better and be more physical in general. He will need to improve the strength of his hands. He just needs to improve in every facet of his game. I know Mike will and when he does, watch out.

Bottom Line
This kid is going to be something special. If you can't see that you need a lobotomy. If you can't see the talent potential of this kid as a scout, go find a real job. If Mike had been playing wide receiver instead of every other friggin position on the field, he would be a polished receiver and everybody would be suggesting that Fitzgerald and Mike Clayton are 1 and 1A, in this draft. Mike will continue to get better in every facet of his game. There is no doubt in my mind about that. He has the ability to take a game over. Teams right now are game planning for him. I do believe that he will get stronger and as soon as he is introduced to a speed coach, he will be faster. If he is running forties in the 4.50 range now, I guarantee he will run 4.40 and be quicker by his second year in the pros with the correct training from a speed coach. Let’s see…a 6'4" 200lbs WR that runs a 4.40 in the forty, is a leader on his team, has great hands, great character and understands the need for team play. Now where would you rate a guy like this? Don't bother me with Roy Williams when you have a kid like this to pick instead. In my opinion, Mike should be a top-10 pick in this draft now. By the time the bowl games end and the combines are held, he just might move up into the top 10 and push one of the other receivers down. On my board right now as a Fantasy GM for my favorite team, I would rate the WR’s this way: Larry Fitzgerald, Mike Clayton, Roy Williams, Reggie Williams. Roy Williams’ name would be in yellow for caution. Guaran(Tee) Clayton…I like it.

Drew Boylhart

baal,
That's why I like the huddlereport. The guy pulls no punches. Have you seen what he says about Rivers? I've never seen the guy play, but once or twice, but Drew says he would make a better TE in the NFL than a starting QB. I have to question why everyone is so hyped about getting him.:lol: :lol:

Originally posted by fairbanksb
baal,
That's why I like the huddlereport. The guy pulls no punches. Have you seen what he says about Rivers? I've never seen the guy play, but once or twice, but Drew says he would make a better TE in the NFL than a starting QB. I have to question why everyone is so hyped about getting him.:lol: :lol:

I am with you thehuddlereport. Even though I am a Rivers fan myself, I like to see a site that gives the dirt as well. Good scouts have different opinions on players. I don't like to read how every player is going to be an All-Pro. I want to know who can't tackle. who is soft, who avoids contact, who's a cancer. Every team rates intangibles differently. Tom Donahoe is more inclined to draft problem players than our old GM, John Butler. Old school Bills in the early 90's drafted only high character, intelligent types. Donahoe will take a player that has had problems but he is looking for people that like to compete.

Back
Top Bottom