The Best Option for 1 and 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Best Option for 1 and 2

EFWilson

Active Roster
Reaction score
Which of these two options looks the best for the Dolphins?

1st pick Jay Cutler and 2nd pick Landry the DB out of LSU

or

1st -Mike Huff DB out of Texas and 2nd Omar Jacobs QB

That's a good question. Obviously, Landry isn't in the equation since he's staying at LSU so maybe: Cutler, Bing vs. Huff, Jacobs. I think Cutler/Bing. Jacobs has a lot of upside and I really like Huff a lot. But if Cutler is close to Favre then he's the type that can take Miami to the next level and they really need that type of player. Bing may end up going low first round, but would add a physical element to the secondary.

The first option would be better, but Landry is staying in school like timegap said.

I'd love the first option if Landry was actually coming out and wouldn't get picked late first like he probably would.

Like UT said, Jacobs needs a great combine and workouts to even be considered a first day pick.

1st round - Michael Huff

- Cutler is gone... Raiders grabbed him up...

2nd round - Jonathon Scott

- Not bad... 2 longhorns with 2 picks... seems like winning football to me... one of our other 4* (still pending trades..) picks has to go to a QB... I would love any of the following... Brodie Croyle (4th) , Omar Jacobs (4th) , Charlie Whitehurst (6th) , Bruce Gradkowski (6th) , Brent Basneaz (7th) , Erik Meyer (4th) , Justin Holland (6th) , Barrick Nealy (6th) , or Paul Pinegar (4th or 6th)... Thank god Mueller has to pick one... not me...

unifiedtheory said:
Omar Jacobs is not a 2nd round pick...picking him on the first day of the draft is a reach.

:yeahthat: Recent projections have him rated as a mid-level draft pick. More in the round 4 to 5 range. All that could change in the next couple of months...for better or worse of course.

I would think that Jacobs will go up in the standing because he will be soooo much better than the second tier guys in his workouts, and the combine. He has the abilities of a top 10 pick, just the experience and mechanics of a 3rd. He will get taken higher than he should because his showings from now until April will be much better then the likes of Brodie Croyle, Charlie Whitehurst, Bruce Gradkowski, Brent Basneaz, Erik Meyer, Justin Holland, Barrick Nealy, or Paul Pinegar

NLude33 said:
I would think that Jacobs will go up in the standing because he will be soooo much better than the second tier guys in his workouts, and the combine. He has the abilities of a top 10 pick, just the experience and mechanics of a 3rd. He will get taken higher than he should because his showings from now until April will be much better then the likes of Brodie Croyle, Charlie Whitehurst, Bruce Gradkowski, Brent Basneaz, Erik Meyer, Justin Holland, Barrick Nealy, or Paul Pinegar

I agree completely. That said, I would still take Cutler/Bing if that was avaliable.

EFWilson said:
Which of these two options looks the best for the Dolphins?

1st pick Jay Cutler and 2nd pick Landry the DB out of LSU

or

1st -Mike Huff DB out of Texas and 2nd Omar Jacobs QB

I just don't know about these options. If we substitute Cromatie in for Landry and examine it we basically have:

1. #1 future QB #2 future DB
2. #1 furture DB #2 future QB

I think the pressure on a firt rounder is so severe (look at the way people went after Carey and Brown the last 2 season went they didn't step in and awe everyone from day 1) that it may be better to take the DB in the first and then let him play nickel for a year with little to no pressure to make his mark. But then again, nothing is for sure in these things. I think it comes back to best player availible. If Cutler is still there I think you have to take him. If Huff is still there and Cutler is not, I think you have to take him. Those are the 2 biggest needs on our team.

Back
Top Bottom