The Best Safety Duo?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Best Safety Duo??

I think we're up there, Clemons is average or maybe slightly above with Jones being a beast we have a good duo. But the best? I think that honor may lie with the Seahawks. I'm having a hard time thinking of other great combo's though. Elite safeties are rare these days

Jones will def be in the top 3 at the end of this year. Our defense utilizes the Safeties in a lot of different ways giving them tons of chances to make plays. It is one fo the main reasons why Coyle keeps stressing that he wants safeties that can play both FS and SS.

How is it possible we are not rated n everyones top five at defensive tackle? A strong argument could be named for defensive end as well

Seattle - Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor - thats not even close
Tampa Bay - Mark Barron and Dashon Goldson - its an argument... interesting to see if Goldson was just a product of a great defense or if hes legit
Steelers- Clark and Polamalu - people dont like Clark around here but when they are both on the field, its pure
Falcons - William Moore and Decaud isnt a bad safety combo either that gets overlooked because of the great offense

We have one safety on the cusp of being great - the other on a one year rental and ready for an upgrade

The Bucs could have a huge season if Freeman gets his s**t together. Their secondary could be frighteningly good, if they can get enough pass rush pressure without Bennett.

Banks (who I think is criminally underrated and will prove to be a stud), Revis, Goldson and Barron is a big, talented, skilful secondary, on paper it's top 3.

Polamalu isn't what he once was and I've never been that high on Clark. Also I didn't think Barron was very good in coverage as a rookie?

Eric berry + anyone should be pretty good?

who do the raiders have now? I used to like their duo but I think huff left.

also who is paired with weddle in SD?

I liked the NYG safeties but Phillips left. I know they have 2 young guys battling next to rolle and one of them had like 12 picks or something as a backup last year

Polamalu isn't what he once was and I've never been that high on Clark. Also I didn't think Barron was very good in coverage as a rookie?

Absolutely true statement -- yet he's still one of the elite defensive players in the game when he's healthy and on the field.

As for Barron - nothing worth turning a nose up at for a rookie. Kid is legit

If Reshad continues his top notch play at SS, and Clemons is able to come up with a few more INT's and FF's, then we will have one of the best, YOUNG duos in the league.

Two year's ago when everyone was down on jones I told everyone he was a beast.... b4 last year when everyone was down on Clemons I didnt no y either... two young guys not given time to flourish b4 ridiculed like what most miami fans do to their own players are arguably one of the best duos in the league are getting the recognition they deserve. .. cant wait for this season to start....

Two year's ago when everyone was down on jones I told everyone he was a beast.... b4 last year when everyone was down on Clemons I didnt no y either... two young guys not given time to flourish b4 ridiculed like what most miami fans do to their own players are arguably one of the best duos in the league are getting the recognition they deserve. .. cant wait for this season to start....

Who was down on Jones? From what I saw the consensus was he would have a breakout year in 2012.

His rookie year wasn't very good if I recall
He didn't start his rookie year. He was a rotational guy behind YB and flashed at the end of the Tennessee Titans game that year against Vince Young (big sack and an interception). He struggled his sophomore year at FS.

Back
Top Bottom