The Bigger Issue in the Falcons-Broncos trade | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Bigger Issue in the Falcons-Broncos trade

Bill C

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone mention this yet, but the trade that the Falcons pulled off wqith the Broncos is a bit disturbing.

The Broncos were able to move up 14 spots in the draft and only had to give up this year's 3rd and next year's 4th. That is unbelievably cheap.

The concern for the Dolphins would be if we were to try and trade down, there isn't much value with that type of trade setting the baseline this year. Unless someone gets desperate for a player, I think we'll be standing pat at 16.

Bill C said:
I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone mention this yet, but the trade that the Falcons pulled off wqith the Broncos is a bit disturbing.

The Broncos were able to move up 14 spots in the draft and only had to give up this year's 3rd and next year's 4th. That is unbelievably cheap.

The concern for the Dolphins would be if we were to try and trade down, there isn't much value with that type of trade setting the baseline this year. Unless someone gets desperate for a player, I think we'll be standing pat at 16.

Which might not be such a bad idea brother. :wink:

What sense does that make?

Can you imagine Saban pulled something like that? This place would go nuts.

Bill C said:

The difference is that the Falcons needed to trade down NOW to get the value they wanted in the Abraham deal.......so they needed a partner willing to trade up, without knowing for a fact that the/a player they want at that pick will definately be there. At this point the pick is less valuable then it would be on draft day when the player you want is sitting there available.

I think this is good for us in the long run. The Falcons were probably looking to draft a safety and with them not being right before us, we have a better chance at landing a good defensive back.

Denver made a good deal, and they proabably knew that Atlanta wanted to make this happen and would take less value for there pick. Giving up a third and fourth is only about half the value that the 15th pick is worth based on the value chart.

Now they will go and blow there 3rd round pick on Marcus Vick like they did last year on Clarrett.

hooserdaddy said:
Denver made a good deal, and they proabably knew that Atlanta wanted to make this happen and would take less value for there pick. Giving up a third and fourth is only about half the value that the 15th pick is worth based on the value chart.

Now they will go and blow there 3rd round pick on Marcus Vick like they did last year on Clarrett.

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

I think that this helps us. The broncos are prol going to draft a WR at 15. So we have a good chance at drafting a S like Simpson.

That said, I think that we still have a chance at trading down. Think of all the big signings in FA so far. It has turned the draft around. I think some guys are going to drop to us at 16. Maybe a RB like White (just an example) But I could realisticly see us trad down with the Colts, maybe the Steelers, both of who are looking for a RB. We can capitalize on this. But like it was said, this will be done while were on the clock on draft day

In some mock drafts, they had the Atlanta Falcons drafting Jimmy Williams. I know for sure that the Broncos won't draft a defensive back. They were on the Terrell Owens chase, but now they can get Chad Jackson-- who will probably be as explosive as Terrell Owens, plus much younger.

Vertical Limit said:
In some mock drafts, they had the Atlanta Falcons drafting Jimmy Williams. I know for sure that the Broncos won't draft a defensive back. They were on the Terrell Owens chase, but now they can get Chad Jackson-- who will probably be as explosive as Terrell Owens, plus much younger.

Hey V, I wont lie. I hate T.O., so I kinda hope Chad is way better than him! I could see it happening too!

Back
Top Bottom