The biggest bright spot thus far | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The biggest bright spot thus far

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Is as always our 2 starting CBs. Surtain has been phenomenal and Sam is Sam. :D

Wanne said it all:
(On the play of CB Patrick Surtain) - “He’s as good of a corner as (anyone that) is playing the game right now. He’s complete. He’s physical. He can cover. He can tackle. He’s got the hands to make the big interception. He’s having a great camp and he’s going to have a great year. The toughest thing that Pat’s got going is that when you’re playing opposite of Sam Madison, it’s real tough to give two guys at one position the recognition that they deserve.â€Â

from http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/pressreleases/pressreleases.asp?contentID=2139

Oliver not a CB in the league can cover a top WR for long. He knows where he is going, the QB knows where he is going and the DB does not.

I was a DB for a college team before I got hurt and it is nearly impossible to stay with a WR for longer than 5 seconds if he has ability.

HOW BOUT THAT BULLDOG!!!!

No doubt RANDY McMICHAEL!! With RAY LUCAS coming in a close second! A. ONDELEYE takes the third!!

Of course...

Originally posted by Phinstd
Oliver not a CB in the league can cover a top WR for long. He knows where he is going, the QB knows where he is going and the DB does not.

I was a DB for a college team before I got hurt and it is nearly impossible to stay with a WR for longer than 5 seconds if he has ability.

... but it was my passive aggressive way of telling all the Fletcher haters even that one of the BEST gets beats every once and a while. :)

However after saying all that Surtain was beat by at least 6-yards. I'm sure it's due to pre-season and all.

Oliver...

Agreed Oliver, agreed.

I like Fletch, I was mad we didn't take the best DB available in Smoot, but I think Fletch will develop as the season goes on and he sees what the coaches are telling him come true on a football field.

You can tell a 22 yr old kid something all you want but until he sees it for himself, he will never truly take what you to heart.

Heck I'm 24 and still don't listen until I find out for myself! lol

I gotta go with RANDY McMICHAEL as well. Remember, this kid is a ROOKIE 4th ROUND PICK (not like a first rounder) and he's totally snatched away the starting job. He wasn't supposed to be ready for a year or two. Nobody except Canephins saw this coming.

#2 Albert Johnson.....he's a small CFL refuge coming off a torn ACL. And this kid is gonna make the team as a kick returner.

#3 Robert Baker.....looks like Robert may finally win a spot on the final roster. Played a great game against the Bucs.

This should probably be a poll. I would definitely say McMichael, followed by Baker.

I was going w/bang for the buck; and you starting CB duo is more important than your TE or PR/KR'ers. We just all expect Pat and Sam to be great and they are paid accordingly, but they are still sweet to have :biggrin:

P.S. A poll w/b interesting though not as open ended...

All your picks are great...but I really like our Running Backs this year..All of them..usually it's just 1 or 2 I like..But this year I can really say our Rb's impress me...

After that..

WR's
CB's
Freeman--good transition..no problems
and of course McMicheals..Chris Chambers play made it possible for him to start from the beginning..He should Thank Chris, because the Dolpins didn't have to wait until the 7 game to put him in.

When I'm looking for a bright spot...

...I'm looking for something unexpected. for me that's McMichael. Fourth round pick in rookie season coming straight into it and winning out and showing he has big play ability aswell as consistency on the more mundane plays. He's my pick.

Beyond that I haven't been pleasantly suprised by much. In fact, my hopes have been somewhat deflated. I just hoping it's all some grand plan to make the odds in Vegas better. ;)

Back
Top Bottom