The BLITZKRIEG Report : 4:00pm Mini #2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The BLITZKRIEG Report : 4:00pm Mini #2

BLITZKRIEG

~LACUNA LEGIONS~
Reaction score
I wasn't sure if you wanted to keep all of the mini reports in one thread, so I went ahead and started my own. Here it is...

Special Teams / Passing Work
-----------------------------
In one word, boring, There was lots of action though. Kick blocking drills looked decent, and coaching staff was vocal....

The LB "INT drills" went alright, there were some dropped balls by ZT and JS, but hey their LB's right??...I was impressed with LB C. Jenkins. He was sure handed, and looks a little bigger, and faster this year.

There were some drills being done across the field with Jay, AJ, and Sage. It was mostly short pass work, with no rush, to the FB's and TE's. All of the passes were caught from what I saw. The QB's were all accurate in these drills IMO....

QB - WR Drills
--------------

On the first throw WR D. Thompson dropped a perfectly thrown ball. AJ looked strong IMO, He's got good velocity. Sage looked weak in his first few throws, and was inaccurate throwing short. He had one underthrown to JR Tolver when he went deep one time.

Jay lines up, and throws high and outside on his first throw. Then hits WR D. Boston on a very nice quick slant. Then throws high again on an out pattern. His accuracy and strenth when throwing outside needs work. He then throws a nice deep pass 20-30 yards to WR D. Thompson with very good touch. On J. Fiedler's final snap, WR S. Simmons drops a deep throw.

Offense vs Defense Drills - 47 Plays - Closing Out
------------------------------------

1. JF throws behind TE R. McMicheal and he makes a great catch, and almost looked like it was behind his back. Bad throw, great catch.
2. JF hits WR D. Boston on a short quick pass. Accurate
3. JF to TE R. McMicheal again. Short.
4. JF to TE R. McMicheal on out pattern. Nice
5. AJ Feeley's turn. Hits WR K. Newsom short.
6. AJF hits TE D. Lee short. Both strong and accurate
7. AJF hits TE D. Lee on short out pattern.
8. AJF hits WR C. Chambers in the seem 10-15 yards on the money.
9. QB S. Rosenfels enters. Hits FB on a flare out.
10. SR hesitates, can't find WR, and throws short underneath.
11. SR is nearly sacked, and hits the TE in the seem for about 10-15 yards
12. SR throws high and inaccurate on 5 yrd cross route.
13. AJF returns, throws out to the sideline. Soft throw w/no strength on it.
14. AJF drops, can't find WR, ends up running out of bounds.
15. AJF throws a nice cross pattern to the TE D. Lee. Accurate.
16. AJF thorws another nice short cross to TE R. McMicheal.
17. J. Fielder in. Drops snap.
18. JF throws high and outside on out pattern. Uncatchable throw.
19. JF throws short flare pass.
20. JF almost sacked, hits WR S. Minnis over the middle for 5-10 yards.
21. JF is sacked, but continuing, steps up and launches a 50 yard bomb to WR C. Chambers. A one handed catch in double coverage I might add. This was the play of day. Fiedler threw a beautiful ball here.
22. Sage enters. Throws 10 yards to TE, and is under pressure.
23. SR throws nice 15 yrd slant to the TE who was wide open.
24. SR throws quick slant to WR T. Wilkins. Accurate.
25. SR throw incomplete 15 yards down the sideline.
26. J. Fiedler back in, gets sacked. but once again throws to WR C. Chambers 15 yards down the field.
27. JF pass deflected.
28. JF sacked. runs up the middle.
29. AJ Feeley enters, Nice flare out to FB S. Morris.
30 Hand off. Stuffed.
31. AJF hits TE D. Lee on short cross route.
32. AJF scambles out, hits the FB
33. Hand off. Short gain.
34. Run again. Short gain.
35. S. Rosenfels returns. Play action pass 20 yards to TE.
36. Run up the middle. nice gain.
37. AJF returns. Sacked.
38. AJF sacked. The DL looks very solid.
39. AJF QB draw. 5 yard gain.
40. JF enters. Pumps, and throws it nearly in the stands!!
41. JF fumble. Bad snap.
42. JF deep to WR K. Newsom. Great pass and catch. 30-40 yards
43. Run. Stuff.
44. JF hits TE on nice slant pass.
45. SR enters, play action, scrambles, and throws ball away.
46. SR thorws nice flare out to FB.
47. Rookie RB Fred Russell breaks through the DL, and takes it 60 yards for a TD.

END PRACTICE.

All in all a good, solid day of work. The rookies looked fine. The QB's had very few dropped balls, and the team looked excited out there....

PHINZ RULE!!! :cpatch:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks BLITZKRIEG! ... Much appreciated detailed report.

I thought i was the craziest dolphins fan now i know i am not

thanks Blitzkrieg, i needed a fix! what i would give to be there! keep the updates coming, they are certainly appreciated!

Thanks for the report. It sounds like Fred Russell has gotten off to a good start, I heard he did well yesterday and he ran for a 60 yarder today. Not bad.

Thanks for the info, not able to get to the mini-camps(out of state) dream come , but thanks for the play by play : it helps!!

Wow! You have an excellent memory to remember play by play! lol j/k I'm sure you jotted everything down?....Anyways it sounds as if the O-Line gave up quite a few sacks hmmm :shakeno: But then again.....playing against dolphins D it's kinda hard to be a good O Line :)

Good summary. I forgot the name, but who was the poster who got a job with Miami Herald or Sun Sentinel after their impressive and in-depth reports.

Ozzy or Dude received some contact from one of the papers, I think. I don't know that there was a job offer but seems liike I remember something about what you're talking about.

Back
Top Bottom