The Case for Brandon Weeden | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Case for Brandon Weeden

Puppet or not he is the one that advises Parcells on prospects. I think its just convenient to say well Parcells was to blame for all the bad picks but now we are ok , or Sparano is no longer here so the rest of the staff is just fine he is the sole reasons for three losing seasons, or Henne is no longer here, moore is good enough to take us to the playoffs

Eh, I meant to say people blame everyone because they DON'T know who to blame. Half asleep I guess.

But that's the problem. When Parcells was here, people said Ireland was a puppet. Then when Parcells' picks began flopping the room was split with Parcells supporters who said Tony couldn't develop what Parcells was giving us and then others just wanted Parcells fired. Parcells leaves and then people target Ireland even though Ireland's picks by himself were better than what Parcells gave. People just want to blame someone and they don't know enough about anything to really blame anyone. Parcells' failures shouldn't come as a surprise after what he was doing in Dallas. He's just too old fashioned and he's set in his ways and he refuses to adapt to the changes in today's NFL and more importantly today's player. I'm willing to give Ireland one more draft. I don't think he's as bad as what people make him out to be.

If a team like the Jets are ready to move on from Mark Sanchez, I could easily see them reaching for a guy like Weeden in a QB league.

Exactly. With Sanchez faltering, Weeden is a prime candidate to replace him, plug and play. Rex Ryan wants to win now- Weeden's age won't deter him if Ryan feels that he's the right QB to step in.

Nobody is drafting Weeden in the second round write it down

Completely agree with you! Too much of a reach for this kid he's not going anywhere until the forth at best...

I would draft Weeden in the 3rd round if he's there if we didnt get a QB in the 1st or 2nd round. No ealier than the 3rd though.

How can M.Sanchez not be considered a flop? In his third year his team is getting worse not better and as a QB his decision making has not improved one bit. He was a top five pick that blows junks unless he has a great defense and a great oline with a top running game. What QB in the league can't win with that???? Dilfer and Johnson won Superbowls with that and aren't half the QB M.Sanchez is suppose to be!

You can't compared Weeden to older QB's of the past that were drafted in later rounds. They were drafted in later rounds because their value dropped in a league that thought rookie QB's needed to sit for 3 years before playing. We are now in an era of rookie QB's sitting for 1/2 a season before starting let alone starting right off the bat not. This makes the value of an older rookie QB to still be high. Weeden will get selected in the bottom end of the first or the top of the 2nd because of the talent he is.

The 3rd-4th is where he should go, I just think someone will reach

I agree. If you think he is an elite QB, then draft him and get a good 5-8 years of elite play out of him. That is a long time to have the most important position covered. It also buys you time to get a replacement ready for him on down the line. I think the age thing is overblown. If he is elite, get him.

I agree. 5-8 years of good QB play is more then we had since 1999.

Weinke had arm troubles at FSU. He sat out a couple of practices with a "dead arm". Coupled with his infamous temper nets a 4th round pick.

Weeden has zero in common with Weinke

I don't want Brandon Weeden at all.

The OP cited his accuracy, probably in large part to his high completion percentage, but I think that is misleading. If you watch his games than you see he doesn't have the greatest ball placement in the world and I think that will hurt him a lot when he gets out of a system offense and has smaller windows to throw into.

It's not misleading. Weeden is extremely accurate, I don't know of a college QB who is more so. He was off with a few throws against Stanford, but overall Weeden has been tremendously accuracte all year.

Ireland did pretty good last year. Thomas was disappointing but he got good players in good spots. grabbing Moore in free agency turned out great, let's hope he can do the same with a QB in the draft

Agree that Weeden will go 3rd round or later. His age is a huge problem that nothing can erase.

I think the hot name QB will be Tannehill. Could see him moving up to the first round with a solid combine.

Osweiler just declared today. I'm sure that hurts Weeden.

Teams will take a raw QB with huge upside over a 29 year old QB almost everytime.

Those are more dumb decisions than risks. No one ever looked at Pat White, Brian Hartline, etc., and said this dude could be a home run.

Weeden could be. And the Jets are more likely to gamble and take a risk on a QB home run than we are. They did it with Mark Sanchez. Dolphins are drafting scared.

Well, Hartline ended up being a pretty good player for a 4th rounder, so its hard to call that a dumb decision. Solid player that can start if need be...cant expect much more from those rounds.

Pat White though...good God.

Back
Top Bottom