The Chicago White Sox Thread | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Chicago White Sox Thread

Ray Finkle said:
I agree with everything you wrote but I just think it will be a hard sell to the fans if they traded Schmidt if they're 3 games out of both the division and WC.

The Giants might be better off keeping Schmidt and then getting a first round pick for him in the draft.

It would be like the White Flag trade the Sox made.

Ray Finkle said:
I agree with everything you wrote but I just think it will be a hard sell to the fans if they traded Schmidt if they're 3 games out of both the division and WC.

The Giants might be better off keeping Schmidt and then getting a first round pick for him in the draft.

are you kidding me? Draft picks in baseball are meaningless.

Why should the Giants hold onto Schmidt just to watch him walk? Of course if they are a game out they probably won't, but come July 31st if they are done (and they probably will be) he will be shipped out. Unless their ownership wants to pay him what he will demand (and it will be a truckload) Schmidt is gone.

If Chicago adds Chone Figgins and Schmidt, they will be well on their way to a 2nd championship. I think they win it anyway without either, but adding those two just locks it up

MikeO said:
are you kidding me? Draft picks in baseball are meaningless.

Why should the Giants hold onto Schmidt just to watch him walk? Of course if they are a game out they probably won't, but come July 31st if they are done (and they probably will be) he will be shipped out. Unless their ownership wants to pay him what he will demand (and it will be a truckload) Schmidt is gone.

If Chicago adds Chone Figgins and Schmidt, they will be well on their way to a 2nd championship. I think they win it anyway without either, but adding those two just locks it up

Figgins is rumored to be going to Chicago now too? Where would he play? CF? I like Figgins but I wouldn't put him anywhere near the field during playoff games. The kid has some problems handling the pressure.

The Giants will have over 20 million coming off the books next year between Bonds, Schmidt and Alou coming off the books. If they want they could resign Schmidt.

As for draft picks, tell that to the Red Sox for holding on to Derek Lowe and letting him walk thus picking up Craig Hansen in the draft. But you're right draft picks are a crap shoot sometimes you get Alex Rodriguez and sometimes you get Josh Hamiliton. Who knows what you'll get. But as I said if the Giants don't like the players they're getting offered for Schmidt then they might as well hold on to him and try their luck in the draft. Billy Beane does it all the time and it seems to be working out with him with his young talented players.

MikeO said:
And he might be traded to SF for Jason Schmidt according to reports out this morning.

If that happens, just cancel the 2nd half of the season and hand the White Sox their 2nd trophy!

May I ask where you heard this info?? If it is true, wow that would be sweet.
Don't know if the Giants would do that trade right now though.

icephinfan said:

ya i heard on mike and mike this morning of rumored Mcarthy for schmidt trade lol....i would be very surprised if that happened

Sweet 19 innings game last night for the Sox/Sox. With the White Sox winning, avoiding the sweep.

icephinfan said:
Sweet 19 innings game last night for the Sox/Sox. With the White Sox winning, avoiding the sweep.
No way I could watch it all.:shakeno: maybe if the fins ever had a game that long....:wink:

icephinfan said:

Buster Onley

Ray Finkle said:
Figgins is rumored to be going to Chicago now too? Where would he play? CF? I like Figgins but I wouldn't put him anywhere near the field during playoff games. The kid has some problems handling the pressure.

The Giants will have over 20 million coming off the books next year between Bonds, Schmidt and Alou coming off the books. If they want they could resign Schmidt.

As for draft picks, tell that to the Red Sox for holding on to Derek Lowe and letting him walk thus picking up Craig Hansen in the draft. But you're right draft picks are a crap shoot sometimes you get Alex Rodriguez and sometimes you get Josh Hamiliton. Who knows what you'll get. But as I said if the Giants don't like the players they're getting offered for Schmidt then they might as well hold on to him and try their luck in the draft. Billy Beane does it all the time and it seems to be working out with him with his young talented players.

Chone Figgins probably would take over CF. Brian Anderson has struggled offensively but has hit better but still he's under .200 and I still hate the idea of trading for a replacement. The Sox have scored the most runs in baseball and Anderson is a very good defensive player. No way you put Figgins at 3b where I think he played a few games last year in the playoffs because Crede is too good. The team had a great 1st half but it's overshadowed by the Tigers playing soo well. If Kenny Williams wants to make a move I would rather see bullpen help brought in as Cliff Politte has been awful this year. Neal Cotts has been very good again and Jenks is having a great season but still overshadowed because Papelbon and Ryan are having spectacular years.

The Sox do have some prospects notably Ryan Sweeney and Josh Fields but they gave up a top prospect in Young to get Vazquez and I don't wanna see the team kill it's farm system for some guys that I don't think make that big of a difference.

djfresh47 said:
Chone Figgins probably would take over CF. Brian Anderson has struggled offensively but has hit better but still he's under .200 and I still hate the idea of trading for a replacement. The Sox have scored the most runs in baseball and Anderson is a very good defensive player. No way you put Figgins at 3b where I think he played a few games last year in the playoffs because Crede is too good. The team had a great 1st half but it's overshadowed by the Tigers playing soo well. If Kenny Williams wants to make a move I would rather see bullpen help brought in as Cliff Politte has been awful this year. Neal Cotts has been very good again and Jenks is having a great season but still overshadowed because Papelbon and Ryan are having spectacular years.

The Sox do have some prospects notably Ryan Sweeney and Josh Fields but they gave up a top prospect in Young to get Vazquez and I don't wanna see the team kill it's farm system for some guys that I don't think make that big of a difference.

I agree with you. The ChiSox need pen help. They can live with Anderson not hitting but playing good defense. Plus I don't think Figgins would be the answer, like I said he's not a very good post season player both offensively and defensively.

Ray Finkle said:
I agree with you. The ChiSox need pen help. They can live with Anderson not hitting but playing good defense. Plus I don't think Figgins would be the answer, like I said he's not a very good post season player both offensively and defensively.

I think they could use a RHP in the bullpen to take Politte's spot. Although that could be Hermanson at the end of July when he is scheduled to come back.

Ray Finkle said:

There was also talk of a Brady Clark of the Brewers trade to the Sox.

The Sox aren't playing very good ball. Their starters have been average at best over the last few starts. They're still going to win alot of games but they're not playing well enough right now with defensive miscues.

Team lost 5/6 to Yankees/BoSox. They're not playing very well.

the starting pitching looks like they have dead arms. After a long season last year its not uncommen for this to happen. Contrares looks ok but Buherle, Javiar, and Freddy look dead.

Back
Top Bottom