The Chris Grier Debate | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Chris Grier Debate

Is there one? There shouldn't be anymore except by those with unrelentingly ridiculous expectations. Great show BTW @DolphinsTalk I listen to them all. You even keep us entertained during this doldrum period. Thanks for doing it fellas.

Is there one? There shouldn't be anymore except by those with unrelentingly ridiculous expectations. Great show BTW @DolphinsTalk I listen to them all. You even keep us entertained during this doldrum period. Thanks for doing it fellas.
There 100% is a debate, as said on the show. He has hired his 3rd head coach and he has zero playoff wins since he has been in power. That is a failing resume. If you are OK with NEVER winning a playoff game and a carousel of head coaches because he can't hire a good one, then you love Chris Grier and other is no debate.

For fans who want to see the team win and win playoff games, there is a big debate.

Thanks for listening and supporting the show.

Last edited:
There 100% is a debate, as said on the show. He has hired his 3rd head coach and he has zero playoff wins since he has been in power. That is a failing resume. If you are OK with NEVER winning a playoff game and a carousel of head coaches because he can't hire a good one, then you love Chris Grier and other is no debate.

For fans who want to see the team win and win playoff games, there is a big debate.

Thanks for listening and supporting the show.
I disagree with your takes on a couple points. I also think you erred toward the negative a bit throughout the conversation. I get that we've all been excited about the team before and had it go the other way but you need to shake it off a bit. There's plenty of room for optimism.

CG has had the GM title since 2016 as you said but he wasn't over the HC on our team until McD. You know as well as I do that Ross has been the one selecting the head coaches and the other higher ups above CG. Sure, CG had a part in it but he wasn't making the call. As such, the whole point of saying that it's incredible he's survived three HCs is partially inaccurate. Additionally, Fangio hasn't taken the "janitor" position vs the HC one he was previously considered for. That seemed like a whacky comparison.

I also got the feeling that when you were doing your breakdown that wins like getting Hill, swapping Mynkah out for a first and then drafting Holland who could become even better than Mynkah, etc are simply the expectation to you. Wins on that level are huge. There were many of those takes I just disagree with and the tone seemed to be a bit more "we can't have nice things and the rug will be pulled out on us soon" then I think our current top roster that CG has assembled merits.

I enjoy the show and am new to listening. Maybe I caught you on a bad week. Looking forward to the next show and like you, tremendously looking forward to having live events to discuss in a couple weeks as opposed to needing to create topics. Thanks for the hard work on doing the show. While I disagree on the tone and a few of the points, I certainly can't do better and you should be commended on the product you put out.

I disagree with your takes on a couple points. I also think you erred toward the negative a bit throughout the conversation. I get that we've all been excited about the team before and had it go the other way but you need to shake it off a bit. There's plenty of room for optimism.

CG has had the GM title since 2016 as you said but he wasn't over the HC on our team until McD. You know as well as I do that Ross has been the one selecting the head coaches and the other higher ups above CG. Sure, CG had a part in it but he wasn't making the call. As such, the whole point of saying that it's incredible he's survived three HCs is partially inaccurate. Additionally, Fangio hasn't taken the "janitor" position vs the HC one he was previously considered for. That seemed like a whacky comparison.

I also got the feeling that when you were doing your breakdown that wins like getting Hill, swapping Mynkah out for a first and then drafting Holland who could become even better than Mynkah, etc are simply the expectation to you. Wins on that level are huge. There were many of those takes I just disagree with and the tone seemed to be a bit more "we can't have nice things and the rug will be pulled out on us soon" then I think our current top roster that CG has assembled merits.

I enjoy the show and am new to listening. Maybe I caught you on a bad week. Looking forward to the next show and like you, tremendously looking forward to having live events to discuss in a couple weeks as opposed to needing to create topics. Thanks for the hard work on doing the show. While I disagree on the tone and a few of the points, I certainly can't do better and you should be commended on the product you put out.
Not negative, but when a GM has never built a team that won a playoff game and is on his 3rd head coach it's kinda tough to spin something as "positive". Tyreek his here because NY has state income tax and Florida has none, nothing our GM did.

I didn't say the Janitor reference but McDaniel wanted Fangio here in 2022 and Grier said no you must keep Boyer. So he doesn't get credit NOW for coming here when he should have been here last year.

Grier has 100% over the head coach hirings, he isn't "part of the process"....he is making the call 100%. As I said, Ross doesn't know who the LB coach is for any team. Or the OC is teams. Grier is finding guys and telling Ross here is my choice. So, no need to spin facts. Grier was long time friends with Flores. That was Grier's FIRST BIG MOVE when he got the title of "control of football operations. To think Grier had nothing to do with Flores is just incorrect on all levels.

Not negative, but when a GM has never built a team that won a playoff game and is on his 3rd head coach it's kinda tough to spin something as "positive". Tyreek his here because NY has state income tax and Florida has none, nothing our GM did.

I didn't say the Janitor reference but McDaniel wanted Fangio here in 2022 and Grier said no you must keep Boyer. So he doesn't get credit NOW for coming here when he should have been here last year.

Grier has 100% over the head coach hirings, he isn't "part of the process"....he is making the call 100%. As I said, Ross doesn't know who the LB coach is for any team. Or the OC is teams. Grier is finding guys and telling Ross here is my choice. So, no need to spin facts. Grier was long time friends with Flores. That was Grier's FIRST BIG MOVE when he got the title of "control of football operations. To think Grier had nothing to do with Flores is just incorrect on all levels.
The non negative response also seems negative my friend. You know that Hill is here, how? Did he tell you? NYJ had a crap QB. You toss out a lot of unsubstantiated speculation as your reasoning. I get that we all have our own "feeling" on how things go but you seem to toss them around as facts with no real evidence. Again, I enjoy the show and your passion for doing it. But you haven't really invalidated any of my points.

The non negative response also seems negative my friend. You know that Hill is here, how? Did he tell you? NYJ had a crap QB. You toss out a lot of unsubstantiated speculation as your reasoning. I get that we all have our own "feeling" on how things go but you seem to toss them around as facts with no real evidence. Again, I enjoy the show and your passion for doing it. But you haven't really invalidated any of my points.
I have shot down every one of your points some of which are factually incorrect. Sometimes things in life are negative. For a franchise that hasn't won a playoff game in 23 years it isn't all sunshine and rainbows and there isn't much positive to say or spin actions that haven't worked out to be positive.

As I said on the show MULTIPLE TIMES, I'm not here to change anybody's mind. You are clearly OK with Grier and ok with never winning the division, a revolving door at head coach, and no playoff wins. I'm not

If that makes me "negative" I wear it with a badge of honor.

Sometimes things in life are negative. For a franchise that hasn't won a playoff game in 23 years it isn't all sunshine and rainbows and there isn't much positive to say or spin actions that haven't worked out to be positive.

As I said on the show MULTIPLE TIMES, I'm not here to change anybody's mind. You are clearly OK with Grier and ok with never winning the division, a revolving door at head coach, and no playoff wins. I'm not

If that makes me "negative" I wear it with a badge of honor.
The future looks pretty bright. How do you think that is? If Grier has had total control and has his fingerprints over everything, isn't he doing pretty well right now? ESPN just ranked us the #3 roster in the league. McD is one of the hottest offensive minded coaches in the league. If the guy that has "full control" made all of that happen, shouldn't we quit with the "he's on the hot seat" silliness? It's July, I get it. There isn't anything to talk about but most of us are more legitimately excited about this team than we've been this millennia. He has been far from perfect but he's been doing a very good job as of late. Get over the past and let's go kick the future's ass.

The future looks pretty bright. How do you think that is? If Grier has had total control and has his fingerprints over everything, isn't he doing pretty well right now? ESPN just ranked us the #3 roster in the league. McD is one of the hottest offensive minded coaches in the league. If the guy that has "full control" made all of that happen, shouldn't we quit with the "he's on the hot seat" silliness? It's July, I get it. There isn't anything to talk about but most of us are more legitimately excited about this team than we've been this millennia. He has been far from perfect but he's been doing a very good job as of late. Get over the past and let's go kick the future's ass.
You celebrate ESPN ranking lists. I celebrate actual playoff wins on field.

You said he is doing a very good job of late. Based on what? ESPN lists? Don't answer its rhetorical.

You celebrate ESPN ranking lists. I celebrate actual playoff wins on field.

You said he is doing a very good job of late. Based on what? ESPN lists? Don't answer its rhetorical.
We all want the wins on the field. Thanks to Grier, we’re going to start enjoying also winning in January and maybe February. I just think the guy doesn’t deserve to be relentlessly bagged on. You’re doing that whether you wish to admit it or not. But, we’re all Phins fans here. I’ve suffered through the same years you have. But, I feel optimistic. Hope I’m right.

We all want the wins on the field. Thanks to Grier, we’re going to start enjoying also winning in January and maybe February. I just think the guy doesn’t deserve to be relentlessly bagged on. You’re doing that whether you wish to admit it or not. But, we’re all Phins fans here. I’ve suffered through the same years you have. But, I feel optimistic. Hope I’m right.
On another note, I heard it was your birthday today Mike. Happy Birthday!

Thanks for listening and supporting
The team DID finally get a playoff berth, and even with their QB3 starting, they nearly toppled the #2 seed on the road. Not too terrible. Hopefully HC will be better in year 2, defense will certainly be better.

The team DID finally get a playoff berth, and even with their QB3 starting, they nearly toppled the #2 seed on the road. Not too terrible. Hopefully HC will be better in year 2, defense will certainly be better.
Results-oriented league. Fact is they lost. He has signed a lot of injured players who were....well, injured for that playoff game (Tua, Mostert, Armstead less than 100%...etc). Just win a playoff game, nobody is even asking for a SB.

Grier's resume is thin on results, thick on hype

Results-oriented league. Fact is they lost. He has signed a lot of injured players who were....well, injured for that playoff game (Tua, Mostert, Armstead less than 100%...etc). Just win a playoff game, nobody is even asking for a SB.

Grier's resume is thin on results, thick on hype
Didn't EVERYBODY but the Chiefs lose?

Back
Top Bottom