The Coach List.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Coach List..

Disgustipate

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Anyone wanna help me with this? I'm sure it will be kind of useful. I want to try to get a list going of all the coaches that are going to be availible in the offseason, and add some information on them. Like the college coaches(Saban), Guys without a job(Dennis Green), guys who are currently Coordinators(Weis), or guys who may be fired(Cowher)

I dont know that much about it, so I'd like to see a condensed informational thread. Maybe we can sticky it?

butch davis
i question whether stopps will make himself available.

is jim tressell off limits? he has won on every level and did the UNTHINKABLE at osu.

The list can be very long:

Denny Green (Unemployed) - San Diego
Charlie Weis (Pats OC) - No Thanks
Romeo Crennel (Pats DC) - Good DC and it weakens the Pats
Nick Saban - Not Convinced on him
Bill Cowher - Nice, buthe has to be fired first
Jim Fassel - Hard Nosed Offensive Minded Coach
Norv Tunrer - NO!

Also, I'd like to add Herm Edwards as a possible. He's got the Jets over a barrel. Either he gets 2 year contract, or he can opt out.

Someone said something about Dick Vermeil. What's his status?

bill cowher will fit just right he has taken the steelers to the afc championship game twice and the big dance once.also its not like he would have to rebuild the team like he did in pitt.

Originally posted by tenndolfan4ever
bill cowher will fit just right he has taken the steelers to the afc championship game twice and the big dance once.also its not like he would have to rebuild the team like he did in pitt.

Not to be picky, but he's actually been to the AFC Championship FOUR times. I know the Steelers have been down this year, but they've been great in the past. I'd love to have Cowher here, especially if he brings his OC with him. Now THAT guy is creative.

Romeo Crennel???? No Thanks

If you went after a coordinator I would look at:

Monte Kiffin, DC Tampa
Tom Moore OC Indy
Jim Johnson DC Philly

Of the three I think Moore might make the best HC, but he's too much like what we have already. A nice guy who is an excellent Coordinator.

Tom Coughlin wasn't on anyone list but he would want too much control.

One thing is for sure all the current coordinators should be axed, we need a fresh start. Bring in Joe Avezzano from Dal for Special Teams or give the job to Bill Bates.

Herm Edwards? Yeah, that's what the Dolphins need, is an ex-Jets coach. No.

Stoops is not going to be available after he crushes Saban and LSU. I don't think I really like Saban. He's not all that experienced and he just doesn't look like a good coach for the Fins.

I hope the Steelers fire Cowher, but that's highly unlikely. Everyone has a bad season now and then, and with the lack of talent that team has besides at the WR position, it really can't be put on him that they're having a bad year. I like his coaching style (what used to be his coaching style before this year): run, run, run. Pound that ball. We can do that, but we just don't decide to some games. Ricky gets 42 carries, then 10, then 25, then 15...make up your darn mind Norv. It really doesn't matter to me who they get as long as they are consistent and it isn't Wanny.

Originally posted by finfan77

Jim Johnson DC Philly

you wont get him, we just resigned because he could have went to the 49ers.

Originally posted by dusty_hog
Herm Edwards? Yeah, that's what the Dolphins need, is an ex-Jets coach. No.

Yeah...that's exactly the sort of thinking we need in our coaching search. :rolleyes:

Do you think that the Cowboys erred in choosing Parcells?

We need to find the best man for the job no matter where he coached in the past. I do think Edwards is that man based on all the names listed so far, but I'm willing to entertain others...

You took what I said wrong.

Are the Cowboys a divisional rival of the Jets? No...
Are the Jets hated (along with their coach) by many (if not all) Dolphins fans? Yes....

I don't think you'd win over the hearts of many Fins fans if they replace Wanny with Edwards.

Actually I saw another take on the Herm Edwards contract and he does not have an opt out clause
Except that Edwards does not have the option to void the final two years of his contract, only the right to re-open talks on the deal, to seek a raise and increased tenure. He is under contract through the '05 season and, unless a lot of people we trust are lying to us, likely to remain with the Jets for at least that long.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1678883

It is about half way down, past the Miami write up.

Cowher is my guy right about now. I do not know the status of Butch Davis, but maybe he would bring Dennis Northcutt with him for cheaper than we could get him with another coach. :D

If Herm Edwards opts out, he'd definately be my first choice. I'd love to have Herm here.

Back
Top Bottom