• Owner

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Amars

Championship or nothing.
Reaction score
Head Coach

Last edited by a moderator:
The core of a good football team is whatever your team's biggest perceived weakness was on the preceeding Sunday. ;)

That's tough. I really don't think you can point to one thing. It takes a lot of things. You have to have a good head coach. You have to have an owner who's commited to winning. You have to have some horses (good players). And you have either a great offense and a "good enough" defense....or a great defense and a "good enough" offense that can make the necessary plays via the run or the pass.

I'd like to take D-Linemen actually, but what Muck said would be more truthful.

OL - give any NFL QB pass protection and any RB some running room, they will look like PB'er and keep your D off the field

It's clearly o-line. Not just because of our situation either.

However, look at our roster. We are so immensly talented at every other position. Could you imagine if we had a good o-line???

We'd either be 7-1 or possibly undefeated.

Oline as shown by the Fins recently.

Is Kansas City really better than the Fins ? No. Both offense are pretty similars at each position, but KC has the best oline in the league and make everyone look good.

Definately OL. On the NFL level, everyone is really good. As 39 said, if the OL can give the QB time, and give the runningback holes, then that offense will be tough to beat. If I were to start an NFL team, I'd start with a good OL.......

A team starts with its Coach. A sorry coach can blow an entire season even with a lot of talent. Just ask the Atlanta Falcons.

the ability to control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

Originally posted by Joe M. Omma
the ability to control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

Good point. That pretty much dictates what the rest of your team does.

A good coach is the # 1 prerequisite for a good team...

He gages personnel, talent and skills on his assistant coaches and players...

He is the one that has a saying on where the owner's money should be spent...

He is the one that needs to keep an eye on the pulse of the team and will work with the players, trainers and assistant coaches to ensure that the proper emotional balance is maintained...

He is the one that praises the players and assitant coaches when they win...

He is the one that accepts the responsibility when they loose...

He is the HEAD COACH that is preparing this team to win the rest of the season...

GOOOO FFINNZ !

:cooldude: :calm: :wave:

The core to a good football team is it's design.

The design must be proven and adjusted to fit the available talent that is restricted to spending limits and the experience of the players.

Back
Top Bottom