The craziest thing about that win is that the Bills had the perfect game plan. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The craziest thing about that win is that the Bills had the perfect game plan.

DolphinDaddy

Active Roster
Reaction score
They knew their defense was depleted, and thus the strategy was to eliminate our offense by keeping them off the field.

They played conservative offensively and just tried to pick up first downs and run clock. They did this flawlessly and should have won by 2 scores, but our defense came in clutch on some third downs and Tua connected to Waddle on 3rd and 22. What a game.

Last edited:
You know its interesting to me.

Much focus us placed on the Bills missed opportunities.

Xavier Howard dropped a pick 6 right at half
R. Jones dropped a pick 6
Howard dropped an INT in the end zone. There's no "butt punt" if Howard hangs on.

If Buffalo flawlessly played offense they would have kicked the FG on 4th and goal. They wouldn't have tried to get cute before the half.

2 weeks in a row, teams go for it on 4th and goal on the 1 yard line.

If these coaches weren't so arrogant, they kick the FGS and are both 3-0 and Miami is 1-2.

They didn't, hopefully they don't learn.

I would also add. Did Buffalo play a perfect offensive game plan?

Or did Miami play a perfect bend but don't break defensive gameplan.

Miami reminded me of those annoying NE defenses that would give up long drive after long drive but end up only giving up FGS or a turnover.

Their gameplan is what we should have done offensively. The Bills held the ball and controlled the clock. If only the Dolphins offense were to control the clock the Bills defense would have melted in the 2nd half. We were outplayed in most facets of the game but made the pivotal defensive stops and timely offensive plays. This is a huge win. We have a legitimate chance for the AFC East title, something 3 weeks ago no one ever considered.

Their gameplan is what we should have done offensively. The Bills held the ball and controlled the clock. If only the Dolphins offense were to control the clock the Bills defense would have melted in the 2nd half. We were outplayed in most facets of the game but made the pivotal defensive stops and timely offensive plays. This is a huge win. We have a legitimate chance for the AFC East title, something 3 weeks ago no one ever considered.
Then the Dolphins offense would’ve been gassed instead. I don’t care who you are but that heat is a killer no matter if you’ve lived here your whole life or not.
Dolphins scored 21 points with around 30 possessions and the Bills scored 17 points with around 90 possessions. TOP means jack if they’re not putting up points.

You know its interesting to me.

Much focus us placed on the Bills missed opportunities.

Xavier Howard dropped a pick 6 right at half
R. Jones dropped a pick 6
Howard dropped an INT in the end zone. There's no "butt punt" if Howard hangs on.

If Buffalo flawlessly played offense they would have kicked the FG on 4th and goal. They wouldn't have tried to get cute before the half.

2 weeks in a row, teams go for it on 4th and goal on the 1 yard line.

If these coaches weren't so arrogant, they kick the FGS and are both 3-0 and Miami is 1-2.

They didn't, hopefully they don't learn.

I would also add. Did Buffalo play a perfect offensive game plan?

Or did Miami play a perfect bend but don't break defensive gameplan.

Miami reminded me of those annoying NE defenses that would give up long drive after long drive but end up only giving up FGS or a turnover.

Yep, we left a lot of game-changing opportunities on the field. If I remember correctly, I think Holland should have had a pick, too. Big game against the Bengals this Thursday. I know it's not easy when you are exhausted, but hopefully, they can haul in some of these interception opportunities and help us get another "W".

As it turned out, their offensive line, and Diggs melted, while our D played hard until the end. We gave up a lot of yards, but made plays to keep them out of the EZ, for the most part. I have no real complaints. Not an Allen fan, but I have to admit, he made some great plays to keep their offense moving.

Last edited:
I think Boyer did a great job in this game. He kept the Bills off balance the whole game, and although we gave up alot of yards, we held one of the best offenses in the NFL to 17 points, despite missing 2 key starters on our defense.

We missed a lot of tackles in this game, im sure we will clean that up, but can you imagine how we would have dominated them if we wrapped up more tackles?

Yep, we left a lot of game-changing opportunities on the field. If I remember correctly, I think Holland should have had a pick, too. Big game against the Bengals this Thursday. I know it's not easy when you are exhausted, but hopefully, they can haul in some of these interception opportunities and help us get another "W".

Well, Hill should definitely be well rested lol.

So our offense should be ok .

Back
Top Bottom