The defense can sleep easy tonight | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The defense can sleep easy tonight

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
After all the off season talk about RW and Norv helping the Fins put up some points and keep their defense off the feild I would assume no one is happier that it actully materialized in game 1 than the defense. For the last 2 years our defense has had the burden of needing to bring their A+ game to every battle for the their team to even have a shot at winning. For the most part they came up huge and are the main reason that this team has won 22 games in the past 2 seasons. Obviously a team has to have balance to be great. You can't have a great team atmosphere if one side of the ball is carrying the other. How much do you think Zach Thomas would want to hang out with Jay Feidler after a 3 int game that forced him to be on the feild 40 mins, or how much would Jay Taylor want to hang out with Lamar Smith after he averaged 2.8 yards a carry and forced so many 3 and outs? Well that doesn't matter anymore! It apears the Ricky and Norv era has begun, and the offense looks as though they will atleast hold their own, but more than likely will bail the defense out a couple times thru the course of season. I think i can speak for every player and fan when i say "It is about time!"

With tempered enthusiasm (it was opening day and against the Lions) I will completely agree with you. If this keeps up down the stretch, watch out San Diego!

You have to put thing in prospective and yes this was the Lions and he handled them like a playoff team should handle a 2-14 team. That being said this is the NFL. This is the top 1% of all football players. The Lions were less than a td a game from being a .500 team last year. This isn't like the Hurricans playing Florida A&M. We scored 49 points against an NFL team no matter who is is against you have to get excited about that, and i will tell you one thing thier front 7 is better than the front 7 we play next week.

....but there O will pose as much more of a threat.Our D must bring their "A-game" next week, or it could spell trouble.This weeks defensive effort will not be enough to stop the colts O.

I don't think you really can take much from this week's defensive effort. They looked to have it in cruise controll after the first quarter. Zach loves playing Peyton and this d will be up to the task as they have the past 4 meetings with indy.

Back
Top Bottom