The Deshaun Watson draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Deshaun Watson draft

macd123

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Assuming the trade for Deshaun Watson goes through, what's the best we can do in this year's draft?

I'm not saying we should, but this is what I came up with.

Assumptions are we give them our 1a, 1b and 2b this year, and we get their 5th round pick.

Capture.PNG

Those are poor assumptions IMO.

#3 is at least worth 2 lower 1st round picks, but likely more considering that at least a few teams may be interested in landing a QB.

In short, MIA should be able to retain #18. Sending #3, #36, a future 1st and possibly a player.

Many of the proposed trades I’ve seen published online by news hacks didn’t have MIA giving up 3 and 18.

Also, whatever site you’re using can’t seem to list the draft picks accurately. MIA has 36, not 35. Anytime I see that mistake online I completely dismiss the site. It isn’t hard to get it right. Lazyiness.

It's Draft Network which is the one most people use along with PFN. Slightly surprising.

You really think that's all that would be needed to trade for Deshaun Watson? I think it will take a lot more, it wouldn't be as painless as that. There'll be 6 teams in for him preparing significant comp packages. It'll hurt if we go down that route for sure.

I doubt #3, #18 and a late 2nd will get it done.

Might take more. Tua would obviously have to be included.

At this point, I think Miami should stick with Tua and possibly cash in on trading down the #3 pick. The Dolphins are in a position where they could really start stockpiling talent.

I agree 100%, that's just this year's package. It would need a couple of 2022 picks too. But I can see one of the teams really swinging for the fences for him and take him out of reach.

Might take more. Tua would obviously have to be included.

At this point, I think Miami should stick with Tua and possibly cash in on trading down the #3 pick. The Dolphins are in a position where they could really start stockpiling talent.

As long as there's no longer term issues with his hip, I find it hard to think he doesn't have more to offer.

Im thinking the Watson trade would be something like Miami's #3, #35, Tua and 2022 1st rounder. Yes thats a lot but it is Deshaun Watson.

I just don't believe that Watson is going to fetch as much as Houston assumes. The longer this goes on, the more teams obtain their QBs, and the number of bidders drops... as Watson gets progressively more upset.

Oh... he'll fetch a good return, but I don't think it'll be what they expect.

Assuming the trade for Deshaun Watson goes through,
Well I seriously doubt that’s going to happen. Not sure I would even want a guy that quit on his team months after getting a $140 million dollar contract because he wasn’t allowed to pick the GM. Cry me a ****ing river Deshaun. I don’t think there’s even a remote chance Flores and Grier bring him to Miami.

Lets look at this logically.

Watson makes 40 Million a year, yes thats 40 million. That is one nasty chunk of the salary cap
Watson has had a major knee reconstruction
Watson has/is proving to be a possible pain in the buttocks by wanting influence on coaches and GMS
Watson is a good QB, great...I dunno, people thought Wentz and Goff were "great", look how that turned out.

Dolphins would need to trade Tua+2 first round picks and 2 two round picks for the right to pay someone 40 million a season, that is not Peyton Manning or Marino, A good QB, yes, I agree....but 40 million no....

I build a team, with rules of today finding a qb to pass for 4500 yards isn't nearly as impossible as it once was....

Watson wants to come here, I'll trade Tua, the 18th and 1 2nd pick, otherwise I'm good. Seriously I would rather find out what Tua is if I needed to pay more....period.

Back
Top Bottom