The difference between the Patriots and the Phins? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The difference between the Patriots and the Phins?

I hate to say it, but the refs do seem to be on the Pats side sometimes. I swear, I thought I saw a few "tackling a Patriot" 10 yard penalties last season......:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Section126
We have a better Running Back, TE, DE's, and FB. The rest is a stale mate except for QB..........

The real difference is that horse shoe the Pats have planted in their A$$.

Pats have a MUCH better O-line...but then, so do 30 other teams.

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

Pats have a MUCH better O-line...but then, so do 30 other teams.

Yep, you are right.......I stand corrected.......

O-Line and QB....they are much better than us.......that is the difference.

Coaching

Bill Belichick > Wanny

Front Office

Belichick & Pioli > Wanny & Spielman

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
Patriots are willing to make VERY unpopular moves(cutting Lawyer Milloy), when it's in the best interests of the team. Miami reserves it's unpopular moves for the coaching staff. Can anyone recall the last time Miami made a tough move because it was the right move?

the difference between the pats and the fins is obvious. coaching. that is the big difference. belechick changes week to week and miami changes year to year.

The primary difference is that the Pats are an all around better organization then the Dolphins are, from the top down. They make smarter moves in the draft and offseason, no matter how tough they initially seem, they coach better than us on gameday, they maximize production from all their talent, and they play as a team.

Miami has difficulty making tough decisions in the FO, particularly in the hiring/firing of coaching/management personnel. Miami has struggled to make wise decisions in the draft and free agency. Miami has weaker coaching on gameday and struggles to make solid in-game coaching and scheme adjustments. Miami underacheives with some of the biggest talent names in the game. Miami plays as a group of individuals, not as a team.

Perhaps the single biggest difference is winning attitude. The Patriots are not content with a winning season, they constantly drive towards the Superbowl, aggressively seeking new talent and replacing old talent for the achievement of that goal. Miami is seemingly content with a winning season, protecting existing talent, and showing no ability to harness a winning attitude to rise above adversity.

Back
Top Bottom