The Dolphins are finally marketable again... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Dolphins are finally marketable again...

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score

I've seen Ajayi and Landry popping up all over the place on national NFL media this offseason.

It seems like the Dolphins finally have some homegrown players with market appeal again... It seems like the first time since the early 2000s since we've had that combination of talented young players with some kind of personality. (ZT, JT, Madison, Ricky)

Between Ajayi, Landry, Suh, Wake and Gase the team finally has a nucleus of players that will get national sports media talking about them again.

I'd rather they not become marketable. I like the idea of being hated more than being loved. I am not too worried about the players on an individual basis developing ego's. I think we have a team built of the highest character guys. For so long we've been trashed at every opportunity by the mass media and casual fans alike.

I don't want anyone on our bandwagon.

A part of me has always loved the Raiders' "us against the world mentality".

Well I definitely want people to support the Dolphins. I get the "us against the world" mentality, and in fact the Raiders are my 2nd favorite team (yeah the last few decades have really really sucked). But, I want a return to glory. I want what we had when Shula made us a Super Bowl contender every year, with the ability to beat anybody on any given Sunday.

Let's see Gase make the Dolphins the toast of Miami, South Florida, and the entire NFL. We were once the winningest American sports team ... and I'm eagerly awaiting our return to the top.

IMHO, Gase is the man to get us there. And I think our ascension has begun.

Shula coached thirty some years and I think only had one losing season ever. That's phenomenal. I'm looking for a career that somewhat approaches that from Gase. We may or may not win 10 games this year, but we should win at least 9 and have a winning record, and there are plenty of reasons to suggest that we should have double digit wins.

I'm full speed ahead on building a bandwagon. I want to be the team the media constantly discusses, not just a 30 second stopover because we has a swarm of bees at practice. I don't want to be the 10 win team that Brian Baldinger visits and says we were 9-7 last year because he is too lazy to even check our record and thinks we have so few fans it doesn't even matter.

The bandwagon is gassing up now. Grab your foam fingers and hop on ... We have room for you and all are welcome.

Back
Top Bottom