The Dolphins Are Giving A Double-dose Of Attention To One Of Draft’s Top Tight Ends | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Dolphins Are Giving A Double-dose Of Attention To One Of Draft’s Top Tight Ends

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
goedert

The Dolphins know they absolutely must emerge from the NFL draft with a top tight end and they’re giving a double-dose of attention to Dallas Goedert, the intriguing prospect from South Dakota State who could go in the second round.
We reported last week that the Dolphins planned to fly to South Dakota for a private workout with him.
Since then, Miami also has scheduled a meeting with him at the team’s Davie headquarters, according to both a league source and draftnik Tony Pauline.
Why the double dose of attention?
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article208386429.html

I'm really glad we are looking at the top TEs in this draft. Now let's hope it's not a smoke screen, though the way our depth chart looks I would be shocked if their interest isn't real.

Last edited:
I interpret this as Goedert isn't their first choice. Miami mainly shows interest in plan b, c, and d players. That's Miami's idea of a smoke screen.

Wouldn’t be surprised if names we don’t recognize like like Ian and Dalton aren’t the draft picks. I think blocking is a prime requirement for any TE prospect of Gase’s team. We have lots of speedy and shifty WR’s to attack the middle of the field.

I'm really glad we are looking at the top TEs in this draft. Now let's hope it's not a smoke screen, though the way our depth chart looks I would be shocked if their interest isn't real.

Smoke screens not needed hee. When all Dolphins fan agree on one thing, (our need for a TE), it's no secret to the rest of the NFL. I could see them concealing their interest in Gesicki though. Chances are they like all the top TE's but to clearly to differing degrees.

We are in a really good spot in the 2nd round for a TE.

Not many teams between 25-41 will consider taking a TE. Although Denver and Oakland immediately in front of us have me concerned.

I want Goedert at 42.

Glad we are interested in Goedert (and Hurst). I'd take Gesicki after those 2, then probably Ian thomas / Mark Andrews- but until the third.

We can come away with this draft with a decent player. Don't F it up miami

Back
Top Bottom