The Dolphins need to trade Ricky Williams..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Dolphins need to trade Ricky Williams.....

I think Ricky had that many ineffective carries today because he was used improperly.

I agree this was far from one of Ricky's better performance...but you may have seen a different result if they utlized him in a way that allowed him to get into the flow of the game.

Just once...I'd like to see them give the ball to him 3 downs in a row and let him a get a first down. I'm not saying to do it every time and become predictable.....but this will effectively get a first down and is a pattern we rarely use as it currently stands.

LOL .........

How can Ricky carries improve without any one in front of him blocking?I think the Dolphins are holding back to avoid an inury.

Konrad is a good Full back who helps but the lack of offencive lineman really hurts he performance.

Go YANKS 6-0 in the ninth

I agree with you Dean. They didn't use Ricky properly and also Ricky didn't have the same aggressiveness he normally plays with. There were a few times he could have gotten positive yardage and all he did was dance until the defense caught him. I felt they could have run down the Pats D if they had just lined up and run it straight ahead. Just run behind Nails and they could have beaten up that interior line when they needed it in the 4th quarter. Disappointing and frustrating.

This oline misses Dixon.

I didn't say he should plant the same way, I said he should practice on that same gravel so he can find out what works. He obviously can't kick on it the same as he can on grass.

We need holes through tackle and I can imagine us having them once Dixon spells Nails at LG.

Originally posted by InMyChambers
news flash, to have a great ground game you need to also have a good passing game. bottom line, we don't scare anyone with passing the ball this year and that allows teams to sell out stopping the run. until we can put up some passing yards, out offense is going to be questionable.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Glad to see someone else in here understands the game of football and can see the obvious.

Ricky is a marked man and will continue to be until the passing game PROVES it can burn a defense with ANY kind of consistency.

We haven't shown that ability and every team in the NFL knows it.
Jay, the receivers or whoever you want to blame the offenses impotence on..... ( we all have our thoughts on who's to blame).... regardless, someone needs to step up big and provide a consistent threat through the air. If not..... good luck to us!

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by minus
Offensive line needs to block in order for Ricky to run.

5 O linemen cannot block 8 man fronts and run blitz schemes effectively to sustain a consistent running attack. That's why teams play it against us and dare us to pass. These teams have to be laughing at the thought that we may actually burn them in the passing game.

When it comes to 1st and 30 game after game then it isnt a single player who is screwing up. Fiedler is the obvious choice because he is the QB (many people view him to be the leader as well) and is thought to be responsible for the offence.

What can fiedler do about a holding call on a running play?

I agree that the dolphins are going to strugle if we dont find a passing game soon. Our recievers arent the problem when they catch the ball if its thrown at them.

Fiedler is getting alot of nice first downs that are washed out because of offensive holding.

Wanny is playing on the idea that the running game will free up the passing game. Thats not true when you have a RB like Ricky Williams. Ricky is always going to be gunned for but after the D figures out that he doesnt have the ball then they will drop back into pass coverage.

Passing will free up the Running game. Many people dont see that though and want to continue to have Ricky pound the ball up the middle for 2 yard gains. He is even risking injury when you have the 300 lbs. lineman jumping on you all the time.

If Norv wants to Run Run Run at what point does Jay say "This is the play but we are running this".

I'm sorry...but I must be watching a different game than most of you. I don't see that many 8 man fronts and I don't see us using the run to set up the pass at all. We are passing 60-65% of the plays and not allowing our star running back to get into the flow of the game. If you look at the games where Ricky has been effective, he still only averages 3-4 yards on his first 10-15 carries. I really believe if you flip the percentages around and run 60% / pass 40%....it will help both the running and passing game. We've seen it demonstrated time and time again.....however, our coaching staff prefers to overanalyze situations and outcoach themselves....I've seen better gameplans designed by some peewee league coaches than what Wannstedt and Turner are coming up with!

This thread title is so stupid that I can't even bring myself to scroll down & read the post...

Originally posted by MaxPower
This thread title is so stupid that I can't even bring myself to scroll down & read the post...

I was being ficticious with the thread total....but whats really stupid is way the coaches fail to gameplan around one of the premeire backs in the NFL. With the personnel we have, this team should be undefeated right now. Both losses would be W's if they would just learn to use the run as a primary weapon!:fire:

Originally posted by dean_siu
Either get rid of him or use him right.....I'm tired of seeing us not use the greatest running back in the NFL right now the way he needs to be used. Time and time again....Ricky has shown that if you give him the ball at least 7-8 times a quarter....he'll dominate the game at the end. The more carries he gets....the higher his average go. He beats teams up and wears on their defense to the point where they can't stop him. However, we keep utilizing him as an afterthought and its costing this team dearly. Sure, our line could do a better job of blocking and that would only help him achieve even better numbers. However, he can still produce very solidly at this point in time if given the chance to be "the man". I'd like to see the Dolphins use him in this manner....but if this coaching staff doesn't want to do that, I'm sure there's at least 10-15 other teams in the league who would love to do exactly that.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

They DID use Ricky to the fullest, 27 attempts, sorry but he can't get the ball 43 times every game. On Ricky's first 7 carries in the 2nd half, he was -2 yards! I was pissed they kept giving him the ball on 1st down in the 4th qtr when he was obviously tired, not making plays, and lost more yardage.

Originally posted by dean_siu
Either get rid of him or use him right.....I'm tired of seeing us not use the greatest running back in the NFL right now the way he needs to be used. Time and time again....Ricky has shown that if you give him the ball at least 7-8 times a quarter....he'll dominate the game at the end. The more carries he gets....the higher his average go. He beats teams up and wears on their defense to the point where they can't stop him. However, we keep utilizing him as an afterthought and its costing this team dearly. Sure, our line could do a better job of blocking and that would only help him achieve even better numbers. However, he can still produce very solidly at this point in time if given the chance to be "the man". I'd like to see the Dolphins use him in this manner....but if this coaching staff doesn't want to do that, I'm sure there's at least 10-15 other teams in the league who would love to do exactly that.

In the words of Fred G. Sanford...ARE YOU CRAZY!!!

Re: Re: The Dolphins need to trade Ricky Williams.....

Originally posted by Dolfan02

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

They DID use Ricky to the fullest, 27 attempts, sorry but he can't get the ball 43 times every game. On Ricky's first 7 carries in the 2nd half, he was -2 yards! I was pissed they kept giving him the ball on 1st down in the 4th qtr when he was obviously tired, not making plays, and lost more yardage.

I'm not saying he should get the ball 43 times every game....but 28-30 carries should be Ricky's minimum usage in order to get the most out of him. Ricky is typically ineffective when used sporadically.....he prefers to be a workhorse and performs at his best when this is the case. He only had 21 carries in regulation (7 more in overtime) and gameplans such as this are going to continue leading to subpar performances.

And as for getting tired late, are you forgetting that Ricky had runs of 10 and 13 yards right before Mare botched the FG in OT? He was far from tired...as a matter of fact, I think he had more gas left in his tank than anyone on the field at that point. However, Norv calls 3 passes out of 4 plays on our next possession which ultimately ends up in the interception by Poole.

Back
Top Bottom