The Dolphins really are a Breath of Fresh Air | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Dolphins really are a Breath of Fresh Air

In general you have a point Vaark, but I think this thread is a poor example. Sure it's negative, but it's not overly trolly. It looks like you are more in favor of censorship of things you don't like at this point.

In general you have a point Vaark, but I think this thread is a poor example. Sure it's negative, but it's not overly trolly. It looks like you are more in favor of censorship of things you don't like at this point.

To the contrary, I'm in favor of the bigger picture of not giving the Attention-grabbing Keys to the FH Kingdom to anyone recently rolling in and thinking they can seize its editorial direction without yet having proven their legitimate pedigree! But aside from that, yes I am in favor of factual thread titles that deliver what they portend instead of cutesy misleading baits and switches. Newby members puking up new threads not withstanding, I'd have had no problem with a thread title that ended "........to opposing teams, etc." Is that unreasonable?

Last edited by a moderator:
To the contrary, I'm in favor of the bigger picture of not giving the Attention-grabbing Keys to the FH Kingdom to anyone recently rolling in and thinking they can seize its editorial direction without yet having proven their legitimate pedigree! But aside from that, yes I am in favor of factual thread titles that deliver what they portend instead of cutesy misleading baits and switches.

See I agree with the first part just not the second. I can understand disliking the ol' bait and switch, but to me that is a preference thing and not something that should be regulated.

See I agree with the first part just not the second. I can understand disliking the ol' bait and switch, but to me that is a preference thing and not something that should be regulated.

you're a great poster, so I'm not arguing with you per se, but again, how hard would it have been to include "....to the jest" to still retain the negative nature of the thread and give those who eat that stuff up reason to open it, yet those who've had enough to bypass it? Is that unreasonable?

you're a great poster, so I'm not arguing with you per se, but again, how hard would it have been to include "....to the jest" to still retain the negative nature of the thread and give those who eat that stuff up reason to open it, yet those who've had enough to bypass it? Is that unreasonable?

I suppose that makes sense. Maybe just add a sarcasm banner to it.

For the other teams on their schedule that is. I bet the jets are breathing in that fresh air right now in anticipation of a win next week! I heard Dan Lebitard today call the Dolphins Penicillin. Good for what ails other teams.

I certainly hope the Jests feel that way about the Fins. It will make them even riper for another loss.

trust me, as bad as we have played, and as much as people think the dolphins suck( who can blame them at this point) i can guarantee you the jets are not sitting their breathing fresh air thinking this will be a gimme.

its a divisional game first of all, so throw out all records. secondly, its a big rivalry, so it adds more juice to it despite records. third, its the nfl. week to week its different. their are no gimmes. im sure you also though, as did many, that the giants would dismantle the seahawks yesterday, but we all know how that turned out.

bottom line, not saying we will win necessarily, but what i can guarantee you is that the jets are not thinking of this game as a walk in the park.

Well, that depends upon how much ego-stroking Jabba the Jest is doing right now. He's been telling the Jests (and the rest of the world, too) just how great they are for a while now. He may be afraid of what will happen if he lets the Jests in on the big, disappointing secret that they aren't all that great. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom