The Dolphins Running Back Room Will Be? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Dolphins Running Back Room Will Be?

yes the 78 yarder was fun. this also was the game i think things started to break down for miami for the rest of the season. that washington game we relied on a lot of big plays. that works against terrible teams. not much in the way of matriculating the ball downfield in an orderly fashion. after the washington game, we played the titans, and you know what happened in that game and after that. i am a big fan of mcdaniel, but he is not perfect. still young, not a lot of experience. to win against better teams, and in the playoffs, and on the road, cannot rely on the big play as much as we were, including a fair bit of the third down passing in my view. there is a happy medium to everything. i think we went too far to one guardrail, and would like to see a bit more balance, both in terms of play calling, and also the type of players including a few more big and nasty types as opposed to the finesse guys.

I don't think that's accurate. Against Washington, the Dolphins had drives of 13 plays, 11 plays, 9 plays and 8 plays. That's a lot of "matriculating." They controlled the clock for 32:11. Other than the 78 yd TD, they averaged 8.5 yards per pass attempt and 3.6 yards per rush. There was no "reliance" on big plays -- there was just one big play.

I do know what happened against the Titans. The Dolphins again controlled TOP (32:24). They rushed for 158 yards averaging 5.1 YPC. They had drives of 11 plays, 10 plays, 9 plays, 7 plays and 7 plays. There was no reliance on the big play in that game. The Dolphins biggest play was 25 yards. The defense collapsed and squandered the 2 score lead in the last few minutes. That was the story of the game.

Back
Top Bottom