The Dolphins still may not be playoff bound? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Dolphins still may not be playoff bound?

GrieseInMiami

Practice Squad
Reaction score
How tough is the AFC east?
Since the two-wildcard teams came from the two weaker divisions in the AFC, one must assume that the division winner will be the only team representing the AFC east in the playoffs. The AFC east is one of the toughest divisions in either conference. The AFC east and west are probably the toughest among all division. In fact, there was no team in the AFC east with W/L record below .500. The division winner wasn't decided until the final game of the season.

All teams have improved on the defensive side of the ball:
The Jets, who won the division on the last game of the season, have made strides in the draft to add more muscle to their defensive line with the selection of DT Dewayne Robertson. The Jets defense already contains veterans like Shaun Ellis, John Abraham, Marvin Jones, Sam Cowart, Donnie Abraham, and Sam Garnes. The Bills have also made efforts to add muscle to their defensive line and line backing crew in hopes to contend in the AFC east. Bills already contain one of the most explosive offenses in the league. Despite losing Price, the Bills still have quality receivers to continue their high explosive offense. New England, who probably had the best draft in the east, will also be much improve on the defense side of the ball, especially on defensive line and secondary.

Still legitimate concerns for the Dolphins?
Can the Dolphins win on the road in late November and December? Besides the Dolphins, the rest of the AFC east plays in cold weather cities. This has always been a major concern for the Dolphins going into November and December. The two additions of Knight and Seau both come from environment of warmer weather. Knight played home game inside a Dome, and Seau coming from the San Diego.

Final thoughts:
I must say I am impressed with the off season acquisitions by the Dolphins, but I will not be sold until this team can jell and live up to the hype that the media will thrust upon them come August. Team chemistry will be the underlining theme on both offense and defense all season long. I am curious to how this season will play out for the Dolphins. And last, I am still optimistic to whether the Dolphins can win multiple games come November and December in cold weather environments.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blehh..

Cold weather can't be an excuse unless it's 10 degrees, snow storm, and the ball is frozen.

Cmon, they wear pads, warmers, sleeves, a helmet, what the hell ;(.

Well put. That is the truth pure and simple. The Dolphins have to solve the late season jinx. I feel that this is the team that will do just that. The road record (2-6) last season will just get Miam sent home for the playoffs. What ever the reason for it was, and it doesnt matter at this moment, it needs to be the #1 priority of this vetran squad. Anything worse then 5-3 on the road will not be acceptable.

Last year was a real fluke.

Come on, our starting QB and WR were out pretty much the entire year! Chambers got shaken up midway through as well, and we counted on our defense to win us ballgames... and they did a few times.

We should have made the playoffs... an 11-5 record was literally in our hands. CRIS CARTER, of all people, dropped a perfect enzone pass in Minnesota...

If we went 9-7 (still better then the Bills hahaha) with half of our offense injured or shaken up, what can we do with our team fully healthy?

What is this BS from GrieseinMiami.....he is a Griese fan but he wants tos ee controversy, he wants to see us fail. I think he is a Jet fan in disguise ;)

Originally posted by GrieseInMiami
How tough is the AFC east?
Since the two-wildcard teams came from the two weaker divisions in the AFC, one must assume that the division winner will be the only team representing the AFC east in the playoffs. The AFC east is one of the toughest divisions in either conference. The AFC east and west are probably the toughest among all division. In fact, there was no team in the AFC east with W/L record below .500. The division winner wasn't decided until the final game of the season.

All teams have improved on the defensive side of the ball:
The Jets, who won the division on the last game of the season, have made strides in the draft to add more muscle to their defensive line with the selection of DT Dewayne Robertson. The Jets defense already contains veterans like Shaun Ellis, John Abraham, Marvin Jones, Sam Cowart, Donnie Abraham, and Sam Garnes. The Bills have also made efforts to add muscle to their defensive line and line backing crew in hopes to contend in the AFC east. Bills already contain one of the most explosive offenses in the league. Despite losing Price, the Bills still have quality receivers to continue their high explosive offense. New England, who probably had the best draft in the east, will also be much improve on the defense side of the ball, especially on defensive line and secondary.

Still legitimate concerns for the Dolphins?
Can the Dolphins win on the road in late November and December? Besides the Dolphins, the rest of the AFC east plays in cold weather cities. This has always been a major concern for the Dolphins going into November and December. The two additions of Knight and Seau both come from environment of warmer weather. Knight played home game inside a Dome, and Seau coming from the San Diego.

Final thoughts:
I must say I am impressed with the off season acquisitions by the Dolphins, but I will not be sold until this team can jell and live up to the hype that the media will thrust upon them come August. Team chemistry will be the underlining theme on both offense and defense all season long. I am curious to how this season will play out for the Dolphins. And last, I am still optimistic to whether the Dolphins can win multiple games come November and December in cold weather environments.

Great Post!

In other words, anyone can win the division.

Originally posted by Gonk
Last year was a real fluke.

If we went 9-7 (still better then the Bills hahaha) with half of our offense injured or shaken up, what can we do with our team fully healthy?

What can your fully healthy offense do against a much better bills D this year? We'll have to wait and see.

If we sign Griese, GrieseInMiami will change his tone and say we will go undefeated and win the Super Bowl.

our offense will create a lot of problems for defenses this year, to many players to account for.....

Back
Top Bottom