The Dolphins WR Room Will Be What? Who Stays, Who Goes? The Smurfs Of The 2020's? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Dolphins WR Room Will Be What? Who Stays, Who Goes? The Smurfs Of The 2020's?

That makes sense, but I have no faith that McDaniel is going to get better and change what he's doing. The main problem is that he has ZERO experience in calling plays and running an offense. He was an OC in name only for just one season, so he doesn't have the knowledge that other OCs with experience have when they become a Head Coach. McDaniel is basically learning "on the job" how to be both an OC and a HC, and that's not fair to the team or the fans.

With Zero experience all he's done is transform the Dolphins from a defensive team, to win with offense. His offense has taken us to the playoffs back to back years for the first time in over 2 decades.

So what if he was a figurehead in SF. It's obvious to the average fan that he has a really good system and runs it well. There were new wrinkles added last season which I'm sure there will be more this season.

He's learning on the job, and he's delivering wins and playoff games.

Yes we need to win now in the playoffs, that's just the next step in the process. It takes time to build. McD changed our offense overnight in 2022 from an awful offense, to pretty good rather quickly. I'm excited to see what year 3 brings. Andy Reid wasn't a finished product in year 3.

So long as we don’t lock in on getting the ball to Hill, that’s going to be a pretty tough group to defend.
Tua getting the time to evaluate his options (and using it wisely) is going to be the key to truly unlocking this offence!
With multiple top tier targets along with the speed and YAC they can provide, we should present a nightmare scenario to most opposing DCs - providing we keep innovating and don't become too predicable.

It’s tempting but Berrios is so sure handed on PR and gets his 9-10 yards of FP almost every time. Plus, he’s a sneaky good slot. He could be better this year than last year. But I get the value Craycraft brings. EZ is a total wildcard.
Agree, based on current knowledge it is easy to drop EZ in favor of Cracraft and Berrios who are known to be useful and reliable. To me the 3 horses racing for 2 spots are Berrios, Cracraft and Tahj Washington. Ezukanma would have to really ball out to crack that competition.

It’s tempting but Berrios is so sure handed on PR and gets his 9-10 yards of FP almost every time. Plus, he’s a sneaky good slot. He could be better this year than last year. But I get the value Craycraft brings. EZ is a total wildcard.

Berrios does nothing special. It seemed he was always fair catching punts, even ones that looked returnable. And the ones he does field he does nothing special with. His longest punt return last season was for 19 yards, good for 40th in the NFL. And as a receiver he is 'Meh' at best. I would keep EZ over him (if healthy obviously) just because he brings a different dimension to the offense.

Berrios does nothing special. It seemed he was always fair catching punts, even ones that looked returnable. And the ones he does field he does nothing special with. His longest punt return last season was for 19 yards, good for 40th in the NFL. And as a receiver he is 'Meh' at best. I would keep EZ over him (if healthy obviously) just because he brings a different dimension to the offense.
Agreed but be was a reliable punt return with good hands and decision making unlike say Grant.

I think he will be fighting for a spot though, assuming someone else can be a reliable returner.

Cracraft did nothing when he returned from injury. I would lean keeping the younger guys and ps or release the older players if its close. EZ going to need to have an excellent camp and ps to stick.

I think:

Tyreek, OBJ and Waddle....no words needed

4. Malik Washington because of how McD looked so excited and the guy has talent, lacks size but that does not seem to hurt with Tua throwing dimes

5. Berrios will stay as he costs the most in dead money and also ST/ Returns will be a bigger thing this year. He will be kept for that reason most as a 5th/6th receiver.

6. This is where I think the biggest battle will be. Yet I do think Ezekunama gets it unless he is not healthy enough. Cracraft if EZE can't play. I have seen Cracraft catch passes with no YAC and have seen Eze look electric on sweeps and try to fight for extra yards. Eze is more of the athlete and this offense looks for those types. Honestly, this position will rarely get used but if their are injuries to the top 3, who is more exciting to replace them....answer is EZE

Tajh Washington to PS as I know nothing about him other than he is a very late pick. Not many of those have impacts on rosters their first year.

With Zero experience all he's done is transform the Dolphins from a defensive team, to win with offense. His offense has taken us to the playoffs back to back years for the first time in over 2 decades.

So what if he was a figurehead in SF. It's obvious to the average fan that he has a really good system and runs it well. There were new wrinkles added last season which I'm sure there will be more this season.

He's learning on the job, and he's delivering wins and playoff games.

Yes we need to win now in the playoffs, that's just the next step in the process. It takes time to build. McD changed our offense overnight in 2022 from an awful offense, to pretty good rather quickly. I'm excited to see what year 3 brings. Andy Reid wasn't a finished product in year 3.
Agree completely.

Part of the problem with many franchises is they turn over coaches and staff at the drop of a hat. It's impossible to have any consistency whatsoever.

Most of the ppl that bitch and moan about McD is that they just don't like his overall philosophy and rationalize it by wishing he were a different type of coach.

He has done more offensively than anyone since before JJ. Not sure what they expect, but they should remember some of the incompetent clowns from the past decades.

Agree completely.

Part of the problem with many franchises is they turn over coaches and staff at the drop of a hat. It's impossible to have any consistency whatsoever.

Most of the ppl that bitch and moan about McD is that they just don't like his overall philosophy and rationalize it by wishing he were a different type of coach.

He has done more offensively than anyone since before JJ. Not sure what they expect, but they should remember some of the incompetent clowns from the past decades.
MCD has shown he is Quality coach, but even more so, he shown that he has vast potential, if he can learn and evolve. Most of our coaches since Shula and JJ didn’t have that potential.

folks can be mad at Ez for getting hurt but I think if he's healthy he makes the team..he's a 4th round pick and very talented.

Hill, Waddle, Odell, Malik, Ez, Berrios is my guess.. River on the pc.

I agree. EZ was actually getting snaps and seemed poised to contribute last season. I see him as a player to watch this year. He can be the spark player we expected Berrios to be. I still hope Tahj makes the team in place of Berrios. Something about him reminds me a lot of Dotson coming out of Penn State. I do not understand why he dropped so far in the draft. I could be wrong. But I’m just as excited about him as I am about Malik.

I agree. EZ was actually getting snaps and seemed poised to contribute last season. I see him as a player to watch this year. He can be the spark player we expected Berrios to be. I still hope Tahj makes the team in place of Berrios. Something about him reminds me a lot of Dotson coming out of Penn State. I do not understand why he dropped so far in the draft. I could be wrong. But I’m just as excited about him as I am about Malik.
I thought Malik was as good as Malachi Corley, shoukd be interesting to see who’s better, or course Corley will get more reps in his first couple years

That's how I see it. EZ potentially offers something different so, with a good camp, he could have an edge.

Berrios and Tahj probably battle for the last spot. I like Cracraft, but he's probably a long shot now.
If the competition between Berrios and Tahj is close, I think they'd give the rookie the edge. Cracraft will almost certainly clear waivers at the cutdown to 53 and be signed back to the PS. Berrios stands a decent chance of clearing waivers too and could conceivably be signed to the PS. Tahj would be too risky to try to get through waivers unless they are indifferent about another team claiming him. Tahj's skillset seems to fit the McDaniel passing offense better than either of the mentioned veterans.
Initially, I was thinking WRs 4, 5, and 6 would be the Washingtons and Berrios, but now I'm leaning toward the Washingtons and EZ.'

Fun comparison:
Burton
4.54 forty, 1.56 ten
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.10

3-Cone Drill: 6.95
Vertical Jump: 41 1/2
Broad Jump: 11'01"

Malik
4.47 forty, 1.57 ten
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.26
3-Cone Drill: 6.87
Vertical Jump: 42 1/2