The Draft is Over and it is Now Time to Turn to Phase 3 of Free Agency | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Draft is Over and it is Now Time to Turn to Phase 3 of Free Agency

DolphinsTalk

Active Roster
Reaction score

Most of those will be post-June when we get some X money to spend. I think safety and WR3 and WR4 will round out our team. Unless someone with elite talent becomes available, I believe we are going with what we have currently on our O and D lines.

Safety x 10000

Ravens used 3 safeties on over 80% of their defensive players. Right now we have Holland and a one year rental in poyer who I think will be good but still need a third.

As for oline either im looking at Van Roten as a stop gap or waiting until mid season for Connor Williams.

I think Wr 3 is set with the draft, that Malik kid looks crazy plus have easy E returning along with Berrios. Someone like obj or bringing back juice will be around during the season if needed but think it’s a pass for now.

Maybe dline but it’s going to be guys youve probably never heard of. It’s clear they’ll be a rotational dline team.

X = 17 million $ is it?

Should be able to sign two quality players for that

I believe it will be Odell and someone else.

Most of those will be post-June when we get some X money to spend. I think safety and WR3 and WR4 will round out our team. Unless someone with elite talent becomes available, I believe we are going with what we have currently on our O and D lines.
WR4? I doubt that unless they have already decided to cut Berrios, Cracraft and EZ.

M. Washington is going to be on the roster.

How many receivers is it realistic to carry on the roster?

Safety is the only glaring need, maybe WR3 if they are ruling EZ and Sanders out of the picture completely. I know some folks want to go shopping but a) this roster is pretty solid and for many positions we are already going to be cutting some good guys, and b) they need to reserve some cap space for in-season moves and if it isn't used then it will be a welcome carry-over for all those upcoming extensions.

X = 17 million $ is it?

Should be able to sign two quality players for that

I believe it will be Odell and someone else.
We have zero need for Odell, we have Malik in the slot and Hill and Waddle outside. ObJ would hardly see the field and he's gonna want 8 million to sit in the bench.

WR4? I doubt that unless they have already decided to cut Berrios, Cracraft and EZ.

M. Washington is going to be on the roster.

How many receivers is it realistic to carry on the roster?
I'd be surprised if we sign another WR. It would have to be a Vet signing a deal like Poyer did.

I think we are looking at Gaurd and Saftey.

We have zero need for Odell, we have Malik in the slot and Hill and Waddle outside. ObJ would hardly see the field and he's gonna want 8 million to sit in the bench.

To try and understand the thought behind the move is what if waddle or hill go down for games ?

Taking that into account I do see the appeal with Odell as he can line up at all three positions and threaten all three levels.

I love Malik but I doubt he’s ready to handle that 2nd receiver role on the outside

I feel like Dalton Risner and OBJ will be Dolphins by the time mandatory mini camp starts.

I'm not sure what vet safety fits the mold but im sure one of those guys will end up here too. There's a lot of money being cleared after June 1.

I'd be surprised if we sign another WR. It would have to be a Vet signing a deal like Poyer did.

I think we are looking at Gaurd and Saftey.
that's how I see it too and even guard is not a given....safety for sure but as far as WR's.......I think we're good and for people thinking we have money to burn after June-1 it'd be nice to roll some money over to 2025. We're only 3mill under the cap with only 36 players under contract for 2025 and that's before the Tua extension

I'm sure that we'll sign someone, if only because we have several open roster spots, but I'm not as convinced of the need as most here.

I'd be more tempted to stick with vet minimum guys who we could freely release if we dont like what we see in camp. I'm not convinced that guys like Risner ARE upgrades, and do we want older vets at all?

Are they really better than the McMorrises or Washingtons that we've just brought in?

That 18m would pay for a Holland extension.

Think about that. Roll the money over and keep Holland... or lose Holland and pay Risner and OBJ. That's a very real choice.

Back
Top Bottom