The draft is overrated!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The draft is overrated!!!!

Y-TownPhinVet

35 years and counting
Reaction score
Hi folks! First of all, I'd like to say how much I enjoy everyone on this sight (less the Jets fan). Everyone has a great opinion and have not read many that I disagree with. With that said, I think the draft is not the SB answer we all want. The draft is for the future, not the present. Rarely do rookies make a major impact, although we all hope for that, it is not too likely. O-line is a need, but not that big of one, why reach? WR appears to be a need to some, check out what Carl Morris in the NFL Europe League did today. He's a Dolphin and I've watched him the first two weeks, he would be a great possession receiver that can break tackles and get RAC. Granted, NFLE is not the NFL, but it's a start, more so than college football. RS should take the best available player at any position, irregardless of where that pick ends up being.

OGUN has blown his chance at big money by not being a team player, which also screws the Fins as far as trade value. He should have kept quiet, worked out with the team and let his agent deal with the money thing. :yell: He'll learn!!

Looking forward to all of your views! :D Peace!!!

Amen to every bit of your post. The draft is our future. This is why I feel we need to do whatever it takes to get picks in the 2nd-4th rounds because of the depth this year. We may get lucky with a starter or twothis year, but to be realistic, adding depth and future starters is a goal I think everyone can agree with. If we need to use Ogun to get the picks we need then do it.

We know that didn't go for the Bucs two years ago, though. We can't just try to emulate the 2003 Patriots -- we're our own team, and we have to make our own path.

Originally posted by Jimmy James
We know that didn't go for the Bucs two years ago, though. We can't just try to emulate the 2003 Patriots -- we're our own team, and we have to make our own path.
I'm not saying we should emulate anyone, but I don't think the draft is overrated. But yes, there is more than one way to win.

By the way, I don't think the draft is overrated. It is a vital part of football, especially in the cap era. I just think the draft has to be about improving the team over the long haul. Free agency is all about win now, but the draft is about being a team capable of winning like the Dolphins have ever since I have been a fan.

I agree the draft is mostly for the future, BUT if you select wisely you can get a starter out of the gate(aka. Andrews, Carey, Evans, Woods, Clayton, Jenkins)

Any WR that we draft will not start.

The only guys that could and would start on this team is an Olineman or Sean Taylor.

RS said in his draft preview the other day that getting a starter is not the goal with the #1. He specifically said that getting the BPA is the goal, and if that player happens to be a starter this year... that's just peachy.

Gary Miles said:
Hi folks! First of all, I'd like to say how much I enjoy everyone on this sight (less the Jets fan). Everyone has a great opinion and have not read many that I disagree with. With that said, I think the draft is not the SB answer we all want. The draft is for the future, not the present. Rarely do rookies make a major impact, although we all hope for that, it is not too likely. O-line is a need, but not that big of one, why reach? WR appears to be a need to some, check out what Carl Morris in the NFL Europe League did today. He's a Dolphin and I've watched him the first two weeks, he would be a great possession receiver that can break tackles and get RAC. Granted, NFLE is not the NFL, but it's a start, more so than college football. RS should take the best available player at any position, irregardless of where that pick ends up being.

OGUN has blown his chance at big money by not being a team player, which also screws the Fins as far as trade value. He should have kept quiet, worked out with the team and let his agent deal with the money thing. :yell: He'll learn!!

Looking forward to all of your views! :D Peace!!!

The draft is the only way to build a great team for several years with the cap. The Eagles have 10 draft picks this year and 9 already next year (I think). Throw in a few big name free agents and it should equal a SB (I hope)

phinphanphrommi said:
RS said in his draft preview the other day that getting a starter is not the goal with the #1. He specifically said that getting the BPA is the goal, and if that player happens to be a starter this year... that's just peachy.

bad move. This team has a few glaring needs and are not in the positon to take the best player available.

Back
Top Bottom