THE DRAKE!!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

THE DRAKE!!!!

looks more and more like a pairing with a mid round pick unless something just falls in our lap...also looks like drake got the tank treatment earlier this season

Drake is definitely proving to be a starting tailback going forward. You can see and appreciate the vision of the Ajayi move a bit more clearly now, as having a legit dual threat in the backfield has elevated this offense to another level.

He's not your typical fast and shifty back.... Love how he keeps his feet moving after he's wrapped up and pushed forward for extra yards.

Just need to replace Williams with a bruiser and we are good to go at RB in 2018.

Drake is the man. I was happy to get rid of the plodding Jtrain. I'm glad Drake is showing his skill set. Plus it looks like Gase is getting more creative, better late than never. It just goes to show you what this offense is capable of for next year.

How about that blitz pick up in the fourth? I believe it was on the throw that should have been the dagger to Grant. I could feel the impact through the tv, he's playing great!

He has been blocking like that for the entire season. This is one of the reasons I mentioned he could be a three down back immediately following the Ajayi Trade.

Lamar Miller was a bit of glass doll. Never was a fan. He often padded his stats on draw plays of 3rd and 20.

Drake can play - injury knock was over-rated on him - he's fine...We need a big smash mouth back and let the two of them share a load.

That's not really fair to Miller. I saw many games where he averaged more on runs than the passing game did per pass. we just didn't trust him to get the ball. He wasn't a physical beast and usually went down on contact at the second level (where guys like Ajayi take them for big gains) but he was the quickest on getting to the second level I've ever seen and his vision getting there was impeccable.

I'm as proud of Drake as I have been for any player in a long time. He's been a complete football player. He's very electric as a back and is a weapon in the passing game.

Coming out of Alabama I didn't appreciate how physically solid of a kid he is.

I agree 100% with the pairing concept. I have not researched for the draft yet but the backs out of bama, Scarbrough and Harris look like good matches, physically. But, you'd like a complete back, and get a kid who can catch and also pick up the blitz.

What I'll be interested to see going forwards is what Gase does when Williams is healthy. Will we stick with Drake as the main guy or will there be some sort of one-two punch? Same goes for next season if Williams doesn't make it back in time, will we use Drake as the main guy or will we bring in another back to form a one-two punch or perhaps even have a trio of backs?

Gase said recently that he preferred to use multiple backs. Makes me wonder if Drake's recent performances will change his mind on that score or whether he will look to put together a group of backs to rotate next season. But so far Drake looks to have the ability to be a really good back if he can stay healthy and productive.

Drake looks exceptional. His spin move is something that can't be taught. Howard, Drake and Cutler all had exceptional plays that you don't see all the time. Without those, New England likely wins this one.

I still agree that Drake should be paired with a bruiser type back, but I like him as the starter.

Drake's best contributions last night were his blocking. He payed the wood on some pass rushers a few times, allowing Cutler to finally set his feet.

But my God, that spin move was a thing of beauty!

giphy.gif

Coach is looking like he knew exactly what he wanted and had in Drake!! Kudos to Coach, the line, and of course Drake!! I said he reminds me of David Johnson because of his versatility.What a Rb he's becoming before our eyes..Doesn't look like a coach that lost his team lol Thanks for the inaccurate news Brady Poppinga!! :)

How about that blitz pick up in the fourth? I believe it was on the throw that should have been the dagger to Grant. I could feel the impact through the tv, he's playing great!

YUP!! The sound was loud. He hit the Pats LB Hard!! That's a great team win and another great game from the youngsters!!

Yep I wrote him off wanted him cut even when he wasn’t giving us anything earlier this season. When he did play he dropped the ball or bounced everything albeit in limited looks.

The kids stepped up to the challenge post Ajayi trade and definitely gives Miami versatility in tbe backfield. Now I want to see durability the rest of the way

Biggest surprise for me has been how willing he has been since the promotion to run tbe ball where the play calls for. Never would have expected that

And I would have never expected him to blow that blitz lb up like that

Last edited:
Let us know when he is a pro bowler. He and J would have benn great together.

Back
Top Bottom