The Fa We Need The Most To Improve..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Fa We Need The Most To Improve.....

I think that JR is re-structuring his contract and they let Fina go...Also according to the BBIers...JR is not such a solid blocker...All I know is that he used to tear us up over the middle.:evil:

We don't need J. Riemersma....

A. Mayes, J. Weaver, and rookie R. McMichael are all looking very good right now. It would be foolish to sign another TE right now in my opinion....

If the main objective is to sign another offensive weapon, I'd much rather put the money towards a WR like K. McCardell. Can you imagine C. Chambers on one side, and K. McCardell on the other, with R. Williams in the backfield???.......That's a pretty scary thought!!!!

If I could have it my way, I'd pass on JR and KM, and go for the best OL player available....That's my main concern as of June 4th.

PHINZ RULE!!!

"A. Mayes, J. Weaver, and rookie R. McMichael are all looking very good right now. It would be foolish to sign another TE right now in my opinion.... "

I heard reports out of camp saying McMichael wasn't looking too sharp. He'll take a year to develop at least I think. Mayes has still got to be a question mark from a heart and injury standpoint. Weaver I am actually comfortable with.

Its easy to say throw money at the OL, but where? I mean Ray Brown is ancient (though he played well last year, but remember Nate Newton went to the pro bowl the year before he completely DIVED in Carolina). Glenn Parker is failing physicals and about to retire. Blake Brockermeyer is recovering from injuries as bad as Brent Smith and may be no better than Brent Smith to begin with. John Fina is questionable as a starting LT considering the money we would have to toss at him most likely. You gotta remember that at the Center position it makes no sense to offer a contract to anyone except an Olin Kreutz type player, and at guard it makes no sense to offer a contract to anyone except a guy who you know would be the starter and you know would be a good starter (see Todd Perry except a little better in a perfect world). There aren't many guys out there like that at guard, and there are none at center.

That leaves tackle, where Todd Wade is entrenched for years to come as RT, and LT is a little shaky with both Smith and Spriggs recovering from injuries slowly. Enter Brockermeyer...way more expensive than Smith, and probably just as big a question mark. Enter Fina, way more expensive than Smith, and questionable as to whether he's really much good at all.

Personally I say sign Rob Burnett for backup duties, and then just use whatever other money we have to sign the best talent left in the pool after the big ones go to the teams they've practically already married (McCardell to Bucs, Derrick Alexander to Vikings, etc). Mitchell's a good idea. I think Nickerson might even be an alright idea. Riemersma definitely not a BAD idea depending on who else we had the opportunity of signing.

Q: What does Miami want to do more than anything this year?

A: Run the football with RW.

Q: What is J. Riemersma strong at, what is J. Riemersma weak at?

A: J. Riemersma is a great reciever who is a below average blocker.

Does he really fit into the Miami TE spot? I know our new OC likes throwing to the TE, but that is secondary to the run game. I say bring back Hunter Goodwin, he fits the Miami TE mould.

£Ã¡££Ó¡£¡¡J. Riemersma¡¡is a nill, who wants one of those dick heads anyways, I say screw him and Jamie Nails.

°® ºÃÂÌØ µÄ °Ñ¸±Âä ±È¶ûË¿ !

C'MON!

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
We don't need J. Riemersma....

A. Mayes, J. Weaver, and rookie R. McMichael are all looking very good right now. It would be foolish to sign another TE right now in my opinion....

PHINZ RULE!!!

I totally disagree on both your assessment of J. Riemersma's skills and of your assessment of the Dolphins TE's. Mays has proven nothing other than he looks good in camp. He's been injury prone, overweight, and a total underacheiver.....that said I hope this is the year he proves some worth. I just don't like the idea of handing him the job when someone so much better, like J. Riemersma.... is available. Weaver is a good pass receiever, route runner, and can make plays with the ball, but is a liability on the rush attack. He also had alot of drops for a guy that is supposed to be the light weight skill player he is.......McMichael might not even make the team the way it's looking, and the reality that he was only a 5th round pick is becoming larger than the hype that surfaced with his pick.... and Perry will never start.
Most agree that J. Riemersma is a great route runner, but some think he is not a great blocker. I'm not sure where they are getting that. He is considered one of the best all around TE's in the AFC, and NFL for that matter. He isn't a liability on the running game and my feeling is he could outblock any TE on our roster. The guy is a Pro Bowl TE and in our system he could be a monster for us! I'd love to see us bring him in to Miami in this Norv Turner Offense. It's my feeling he'd have his best season ever!

Last edited by a moderator:
I like riemersa but he is getting older is only an adequate blocker and he is going to get more than we can offer ....I dont want to see D.G. go down without a capable backup ..since Coleman will be too expensive the next best bet is Burnette...Herman moore is an interesting prospect (at the right price) Mccardell or freeman would be great to add but its not gonna happen(dammit!)Honestly i want us to bring in another o lineman but there is just not much out there ... we will have to hope for the best and pray that who we have stays relativly healthy....<crossing fingers ...lol

Originally posted by badfoot
... we will have to hope for the best and pray that who we have stays relativly healthy....<crossing fingers ...lol

At some point or another every team in the league is doing this same thing.....;)
We're as ready as any body......

as Richard Steele would say, " Let's get-it-on!"

Here's another reason we can't trust in Mayes......

BY JASON COLE AND ETHAN J. SKOLNICK

jcole@herald.com

Tight end Alonzo Mayes' chances of making the Dolphins roster were damaged when he twisted his

right ankle Monday night while running at home.

At least that was Mayes' version.

He left the Dolphins training facility Tuesday on crutches and with his right leg in a hard cast after being unable to practice on the first day of the team's three-day quarterback school. Mayes said he w ill be out at least one week with what he called a ''severe'' sprain.

''I just twisted it,'' Mayes said. ``A truly freak accident.''

Asked how it happened, Mayes said, ``I really don't know how I did it. I just twisted it and it really popped.''

The Dolphins believe Mayes hurt himself playing basketball. Mayes denied that. But tight ends coach Pat Jones smiled and said, ''I suspect it was some of this,'' motioning as if dribbling a basketball.'We don't have anything in their contract that says they can't play, so what can you do?'' Jones said.

``He could get hurt out here just as easy. You just want them to be responsible.''

The injury is the latest mishap for Mayes since he was acquired in a trade during the 2000 season. Mayes, who turned 27 Tuesday, missed all last season after a shoulder injury in the offseason program required surgery.

Earlier this offseason, Mayes angered the Dolphins' coaching staff after returning from a month off weighing more than 300 pounds. He was down to 270 pounds during the last quarterback school in May and has generally done everything asked of him.

''Alonzo is really the dark horse in this whole thing,'' Jones said. ``He could be the starter or he could not even be on the team. This offense is really suited to what he can do.''

Trenches are top priority

I know skill players are exciting and everybody's licking their chops about available WRs and TEs. However, I don't want to watch the Dolphins fall apart in the playoffs for the fourth year in a row because they don't have quality depth on the lines. I can't remember the last time the Phins finished out the seaon with all their starting lineman healthy. Half our O an D linemen are coming off broken legs , torn ACLs and bad backs. Plus, it's almost a given that Gardener and Dixon will go down at some point. I love both these guys. They're very talented. But if either of them gets hurt again this year, I think management should strongly consider releasing and replacing them after the season.

I DUNNO??

Maybe because I didn't see too many BILLS games last season, but I just don't see RIEMERSA as a TOP PRIORITY!! I could see if he was a TOP 5 TE or something but he is just a bit above average TE!! I really think RANDY McMICHAEL will be a stud in this NORV offense! WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN BILLS!!!!! LOL;)

McMichael won't be a stud, but our current TE situation is adequate enough given our other needs and the available free agent talent at the TE position. Riemersma isn't even really available yet...

Have you seen him??

Originally posted by ckparrothead
McMichael won't be a stud, but our current TE situation is adequate enough given our other needs and the available free agent talent at the TE position. Riemersma isn't even really available yet...

I don't think he will be a rookie of the year but have you seen this kid? I watched a couple GEORGIA games and he did well in those games catching the ball! I think he has the potential to be something special! McMICHAEL reminds me alot of JOHNNY MITCHELL who was good pass-catching TE before he decided to give up football and model! MCMICHAEL might be a DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH!! You heard it here first!!;)

1 of the 2 we need c/b gone

49ers | Offer Out - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
17:29 PT: The AP reports the San Francisco 49ers have made a preliminary contract offer to free agent OT Blake Brockermeyer (Bears).

I have have tried for Blake Brockermeyer after we signed Burnett

Back
Top Bottom