The Face of Miami Sports? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Face of Miami Sports?

MIAmobster said:
good point, to be the face of miami u have to win, and until they do the face of miami will be wade.....just how in the NEW area belicheck and brady have become the faces of the area, saban and maybe his future QB will be the faces of miami, i dont think anyone on our roster now could be but ya never know

Not necessarily true.

Barry Sanders, Dan Fouts, Walter Payton to name a few were all the toast of the town sports figures and their teams regularly sucked.

Miami is and always will be a football first town. The Phins have been entrenched here for too long. As soon as anyone steps up as the top dog on the Phins they'll take over the face of sports here in Miami.

May very well be the coach Saban that does it and not a player

just recently, it seems dwyane wade became the face of miami sports. he surpassed shaq. people are going to recognize miami with the heat until the heat stumble.

i think it goes like this:

wade
shaq
saban

the d-train is trying his best, though.

This whole Wade thing is a little overblown. I guess in the day of overhyped 24 hr. sports news, a player can become one of the greatest of all time by merely leading his team to a conference final. Miami has beaten NJ and Wash, two mediocre teams who wouldn't even have been in the playoffs if they were in the Western Conference.

Wade is great, no doubt. But there already comparing him to Jordan, and some even say he is better than LeBron. That ain't the case. Let's see what he does against Detroit.

rainmaker1313 said:
Screw the Heat! Go Seattle Supersonics!

yup agreed...hello all you heat fans, seattle beat you both times they played you...jee i wonder who has the better team:shakeno:. go sonics...luke ridnour, the next stave nash:D

Dwyane Wade's on the cover of NBA LIVE 2006.

Who else in Miami is gonna get this exposure?

Ronnie on UPS commercials?

Saban in commercials for hell?

C'mon, Dwyane.

phinman1 said:
Wade is great, no doubt. But there already comparing him to Jordan, and some even say he is better than LeBron. That ain't the case. Let's see what he does against Detroit.

I think they are saying hes's the best SINCE jordan. No one is jordan until they get 6 rings and average 35 ppg. As far as the lebron thing. people are claiming he's better cause he's still playing and lebron isn't. Well clearly the argument is Shaq. Well he was playing last year in the post season and lebron wasn't. Now lebron has 4-5 years age on Wade so lebron has a huge cieling to hit. I'd say its close but I have a real hard time deciding who I'd want on my team.

Lebron James is better than Wade for a lot of reasons, but that doesn't mean he's going to have a better career, regardless of who he surrounds himself with.

Lebron get's the highschool ESPN coverage while Wade is getting a triple double in the elite eight and moving Marquette to the final four for the first time ever.

Lebron's face is on the camera, talking on his cellphone while Wade is somewhere, in some playoff series, without some giant, averaging 30, 10, and 10, basically.

Back
Top Bottom