The Favre factor | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Favre factor

Favre4MVP

Practice Squad
Reaction score
All right, I know past stats are no indication of what will happen in the next game. I know Miami has a legitimate shot at winning on Monday. I know that Miami is one of the best teams in the league. So, you don't need to take this as trash talk. I'm just posting some of Favre's stats in certain situations, just to show what you're up against.

Let's start with the injury. In his career, Favre has been knocked out of games with injuries 3 other times. Of course, he's always come back the next week. Here are the stats from the games the week after he gets hurt:
23/36 = 63.9 comp %, 301 pass yds, 2 TDs, 1 INT, 97.1 rating
25/33 = 75.7 comp %, 336 pass yds, 5 TDs, 0 INT, 147.2 rating
I couldn't find complete stats on the 3rd game. It was in 1994. All I know is that Favre had 3 TDs and a career high 58 yds rushing.

Monday Night Football 2001 and 2002 seasons:

20/31 = 64.5%, 236 pass yds, 3 TDs, 1 INT, 106.4 rating
24/42 = 57.1%, 362 pass yds, 4 TDs, 0 INT, 109.4 rating
22/33 = 66.7%, 359 pass yds, 3 TDs, 0 INT, 133.3 rating
total for last 3 MNF games:
66/106 = 62.2%, 957 pass yds, 10 TDs, 1 INT, 116.4 rating

The last time the Packers had a home MNF game, they won 37-0. (I don't expect anything like that this week)

Favre was voted by ABC Sports and ESPN as the Monday Night Football Player of the Year in 2001, and was the "horse-trailer player of the game" in the Packers first MNF game in 2002.

Favre has the highest home winning % of any QB in NFL history with a record of 69-12, a .8519 winning %.

In games where the temperature at kickoff is 34 degrees or lower, which it should be on Monday, Favre is a perfect 31-0.

I honestly think this will be a good game, and it will be close. I just thought I'd show you what the Dolphins are up against this week.

The best thing about stats though, is that they don't mean "diddly-poo" as it relates to the future games. They are really only good for reflecting on a career in my opinion.

Calling this a game trivializes it. You could hardly call the sunday night game against Denver a game.(At least not if you saw it) This will be a war. Favre is one helluva General. We will see if Lucas comes out and plays like he is capable of. Favre is as tough as they come. The D-line will try to test him. It should be a classic. This will be one that fans of other teams will tune in to see.

Originally posted by Samphin
The best thing about stats though, is that they don't mean "diddly-poo" as it relates to the future games. They are really only good for reflecting on a career in my opinion.

I agree, but here are a few more anyway (some good some bad).

Favre and the Packers are 4-1 against AFC foes the last two seasons.

Favre is 3-0 in games following an injury

Favre is 5-6 in games after the bye.

Favre and the Packers are 12-1 against Dave Wannstedt

I think Dolphins are undefeated the past two season in primetime games? So there you go the primetime factor..........

"Favre and the Packers are 12-1 against Dave Wannstedt"

As the head coach of the Dolphins, Dave Wannstedt is 1-0 against the Packers......

Also, why is his name spelled Favre when it is pronounced Farve? Thats always tripped me out......

Originally posted by BMarion31
Also, why is his name spelled Favre when it is pronounced Farve? Thats always tripped me out......

:lol: - LOL I couldn't tell you. Probably for the same reason that his home town's name is spelled Kiln while it is pronounced Keel (that might just be the southern accent).

Back
Top Bottom