Chambers, Gadsden, Ward, McKnight, Johnson

RB (3)
Williams, Edwards, Minor

FB (3)
Konrad, Dyer, Ayanbadejo

TE (4)*
McMichael, Weaver, Perry, Draper or FA

OL (8)*
Dixon, Nails, Ruddy, Perry, Wade, Spriggs, McKinnie, Andrew, Searcy (PUP)

DE (5)
J. Taylor, Ogunleye, Burnett, Williams, D. Bowens

DT (4)
T. Bowens, Chester, Haley, Romero

LB (7)
Thomas, Rodgers, Greenwood, Hendricks, Galyon, Russell, Symonette

CB (4)
Madison, Surtain, Fletcher, Green or FA

S (5)
Marion, Freeman, Wooden, McGarrahan, Moore

ST (2)
K Mare
P Royals

As I mentioned in another post, think the Phins will put Searcy on the PUP (since I heard he likely will be out 6 weeks). And since Weaver is banged up pretty bad, I feel that the extra roster spot will go to Draper or another TE. Then when Searcy comes back (IF he comes back) and Weaver heals up (hopefully), we'll likely cut the extra TE.

Also, I don't feel that we'll keep 3 FBs. But I really hope we do. It makes sense (keeping Femi). That or we'll just cut Dyer. Cutting Dyer is a real possibility now. Either way it's gonna be a really tough decision.

I think Moore beats out Gamble.

Also, I think the reason the Phins are trying to trade Grant is because of ROMERO, and not Taylor. Taylor is a pass rusher. But we've got Burnett and Williams who can line up inside. Speilman was talking about the three DTs during the Bears game. He said Romero was good at taking up two blockers and "that's what we want to do: keep our LBs clean". Grant just doesn't seem to have the strength and/or leverage to properly hold up at the point of attack. I also was very impressed with Romero at the Buccaneer scrimmages. This is his first season at DT. Grant has had two years with us. Romero will win the job.

I think Searcy is just going to get cut with an injury settlement. Two straight years of injury is enough.

Dyer should not be cut for Femi. Femi should make the roster on his own as a ST, backup TE, WR, fullback and if needed as a trade for some other needed position.

As Buonticonti said, all the back up tackles looked awful. Grant maybe the best of the bunch holding up against the point of attack and he does have a history of making plays. If not, Taylor can already pass rush and could probably be coached to clog up the middle more. He could turn out to be a poor man's Warren Sapp.

Now Merman, I KNOW that you were probably being at least a little facetious by saying that Henry Taylor could turn out to be a "poor man's Warren Sapp".

I liked what I saw of him as well, but Warren Sapp is not close to what he reminds me of.

Again, this is not a shot, just poking a little fun, but Sapp? lol

Originally posted by scotgif
Now Merman, I KNOW that you were probably being at least a little facetious by saying that Henry Taylor could turn pout to be a "poor man's Warren Sapp".

Talyor has a habit of poking his fat ass through the line just like Sapp. He just doesn't catch anyone as much as Sapp. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom