The Fins Season: Putting It Into Proper Perspective | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Fins Season: Putting It Into Proper Perspective

Yeah, yesterday was disappointing but this year was still a big step in the right direction.
In all our losses except the last one we played competitively enough to be in the game in the game at the end. Our defense improved drastically. We got a turnover in every single game this year. Every game. We got major contributions from rookies on both sides of the ball. We had more hits than misses in free agency. We went 3-1 against the NFC west. We knocked the Pats out of playoff contention. And while our offense certainly took a step back with Tua in there we did see flashes of what he can become for us and he has plenty of tape and experience to learn from, and I believe he has the ability and work ethic to improve.
We also have a premium pick in a draft that is loaded with talent at positions where we need upgrades and depth. At the beginning of the year I was not expecting playoffs. I would have been happy if we could breach .500 on the season.
Nobody here likes how the season ended in terms of outcome or performance, but this was a season we can build off of. You know Flo won’t be satisfied. You know that attitude will continue to rub off on his players and they’ll continue to play hard for him. We exceeded expectations and we’re headed in the right direction. It’s hard to call this season a disappointment when you look at where we are compared to last year.

Years behind Buffalo in the process but headed in the right direction I think but it still hinges on making the right moves in FA & the draft. They cant afford a Jake Long or Yatlil Green pick and expect to compete with the elite teams

Years behind Buffalo in the process but headed in the right direction I think but it still hinges on making the right moves in FA & the draft. They cant afford a Jake Long or Yatlil Green pick and expect to compete with the elite teams
Jake Long was great, pro bowl his first 4 years.
If Pennington did not get injured, it would have worked, as he did, then not picking Ryan hurts and instead it was Henne's job.

I think we should pick Sewell, that one pick changes the whole offensive line and instead of weakness becomes a strong part of our club.
We want to run the ball, and better QB play, well, it all starts with the offensive line, we saw that yesterday with Buffalo, even the backups did good against us, why? Because of that offensive line.

Time to calm the F down and decompress!!

So many reasons to be optimistic about '21. (Yes, there are some troubling aspects.) I may be odd man out, but I suspect Flo/Chan were comfortable with the play-calling BUT know the problem was lack of talent. The routes weren't bad, but the lack of separation was.

I divide goals differently. Some players need improvement. An off-season should help TT, Jackson, Hunt, Kindley, Davis. Some need replaced (e.g., Ford/Grant/Roberts). Some of it was lack of PS. I see none of that as particularly difficult. Just need to hit on 3 of the top 5, minimum

So many reasons to be optimistic about '21. (Yes, there are some troubling aspects.) I may be odd man out, but I suspect Flo/Chan were comfortable with the play-calling BUT know the problem was lack of talent. The routes weren't bad, but the lack of separation was.

I divide goals differently. Some players need improvement. An off-season should help TT, Jackson, Hunt, Kindley, Davis. Some need replaced (e.g., Ford/Grant/Roberts). Some of it was lack of PS. I see none of that as particularly difficult. Just need to hit on 3 of the top 5, minimum

I disagree on the Flo/Chan colloboration.

Flo seemed annoyed by Chan in his press conference yesterday.

Jake Long was great, pro bowl his first 4 years. He only had essentially a 5 year career...

Jake Long was great, pro bowl his first 4 years.
If Pennington did not get injured, it would have worked, as he did, then not picking Ryan hurts and instead it was Henne's job.

I think we should pick Sewell, that one pick changes the whole offensive line and instead of weakness becomes a strong part of our club.
We want to run the ball, and better QB play, well, it all starts with the offensive line, we saw that yesterday with Buffalo, even the backups did good against us, why? Because of that offensive line.

While I agree with you on taking Sewell it’s not because I necessarily think the line needs to get better. IMO the linemen improved throughout the year and with hopefully a full camp they will make the next stride next year.

I’m for picking Sewell because he quite simply will be the best player available, a potential generational talent that dominates for years who is as nasty as he is athletically gifted.

For as much as yesterday sucks (playoffs on the line, getting blown out by the Bills, Flo potentially costing himself COY, etc.), it was probably the best result for this team in the long run.

Let's say we do get to the playoffs this year: does anyone really think we would make it very far? Best case scenario we make it to the AFC CG and lose to the Chiefs. What does that get us? At the end of the day, a worse draft pick is all we get.

With the loss to the Bills and Texans losing, we now have the 3rd and 18th picks in the 1st round and a lot of cap space going into next year. We overachieved this year and the future is bright.

Cheer up, dolfans.

Last edited:
When we over achieve with limited talent, think how well we can do with improved talent.

If that thought doesn't make you smile, then there probably isn't anything that will make you happy with the teams performance.

I disagree on the Flo/Chan colloboration.

Flo seemed annoyed by Chan in his press conference yesterday.

I'll only say I find it difficult to believe Flo disliked Chan's play-calling, but waited til after game 16 to complain. And if he complained to Chan, say, game 8, he was OK with Chan ignoring him? Not saying Flo loved the play-calling, but it didn't change over TT's starts.

Back
Top Bottom