The Fins Season: Putting It Into Proper Perspective | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Fins Season: Putting It Into Proper Perspective

I don't see perspective being used this week but give it time for some to cool down.

Tough loss in a win and in game. This team had people believing they could make the playoffs and then they get beat down like a D-II team coming into Tuscaloosa

Jake Long was great, pro bowl his first 4 years. He only had essentially a 5 year career...
because of injuries, but because he got injured we can't say it was a good pick.
Herbert was a great pick at 6th, if he gets injured then we say it was a BAD PICK?

Injuries are a part of the game, and Long was dominate while he was healthy but he missed time even in his pro bowl years. The #1 pick in the draft, 5 years. Read that again, not great...

For as much as yesterday sucks (playoffs on the line, getting blown out by the Bills, Flo potentially costing himself COY, etc.), it was probably the best result for this team in the long run.

Let's say we do get to the playoffs this year: does anyone really think we would make it very far? Best case scenario we make it to the AFC CG and lose to the Chiefs. What does that get us? At the end of the day, a worse draft pick is all we get.

With the loss to the Bills and Texans losing, we now have the 3rd and 18th picks in the 1st round and a lot of cap space going into next year. We overachieved this year and the future is bright.

Cheer up, dolfans.
I am as negative about the Dolphins as a fan could be while simultaneously loving them with all of my sports heart. I would’ve had no expectations of them had them made the playoffs. Win? Doubt it. Derrick Henry would’ve ran for 250 yards or Tannehill would’ve thrown 5 TDs. Why? Because Dolphins.

Had they play Buffalo it would’ve been the same experience as yesterday.

What’s the point then you ask? I don’t want the season to be over. I don’t want the 8 win Bears or 7 win Football Team in and Miami is out. That doesn’t sit right with me.

I'll only say I find it difficult to believe Flo disliked Chan's play-calling, but waited til after game 16 to complain. And if he complained to Chan, say, game 8, he was OK with Chan ignoring him? Not saying Flo loved the play-calling, but it didn't change over TT's starts.

That's a good point but based off his demeanor at the press conference yesterday i don't think he's happy with Gailey and i don't think he has been for a while.

He may have been not wanting to sink the ship in the midst of a playoff run. Flores and Grier picked Tua over Herbert even with the hip injury and tied their jobs to him, I don't think Flores is going to think Tua is the problem at this juncture.

That's a good point but based off his demeanor at the press conference yesterday i don't think he's happy with Gailey and i don't think he has been for a while.

He may have been not wanting to sink the ship in the midst of a playoff run. Flores and Grier picked Tua over Herbert even with the hip injury and tied their jobs to him, I don't think Flores is going to think Tua is the problem at this juncture.

Flo can't call individual play, but I feel, prior to TT's start, Flo gave 'guidance' - let's not give him much variety and call plays to his strength. Yep, I believe that. At any point did Flo say 'well, he played quite well, let's be more aggressive.' It doesn't appear Chan was more aggressive unless forced to by score. In fact, when Flo wanted aggressive play, he put in Fitz.

I'm not arguing TT was bad or Chan had no say in play-calling, but it's the HC who decides (with help) how to handle a rookie QB. I have serious doubts Flo wanted aggressive play, but Chan refused. For the record, I'd like to move on from Chan

Back
Top Bottom