The Free Agent Super Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Free Agent Super Thread

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
The Miami Dolphins have the cash and will be active in free agency.

Typically this is where you find veterans with a couple of years left, or young players with potential who haven't fulfilled that yet.

Occasionally, you find good talent from teams with salary cap issues.

I think you build depth with free agency and I believe that will ultimately be Miami's goal as well. However, with such a young roster the Dolphins are in a unique situation. They can add talent without negatively affecting players drafted in 2019, 2020 and 2021. Not saying a Suh type deal, but Miami could get away with that.

I'll leave it to others as far as who you think Miami will target.

Sadly it is a pretty weak FA class for offensive lineman. A lot of the top players are way past their prime and/or injury prone. Brandon Schreff (OG Redskins) is by far the best player available. He is in his 5th year and couldn’t reach terms with the Redskins over the summer. I could see him being franchised tagged next year as he will be an UFA. I’d guess he will reset the guard market with his next contract though, so he wouldn’t be cheap.

Scherff would be the guy for me. But I don't think he makes it to F/A, I think he gets tagged. Joe Thuney would be another guy, if NE can't reach a deal with him.
Does Thuney play LG or RG?

But i would push HARD for Scherff.

Those are probably the top two guards.

As far as tackle, maybe Conklin or Daryl williams if he comes back from injury

I think C we should target in the draft

Not sure how up to date that is but there’s one list

I hope we don’t chase Amari Cooper. I don’t think the Cowboys will resign him.

I'll take Conklin AND Scherff, and then idc if we sign mediocre guys after that. Draft a C or LT, and let Davis and Deiter man the other open spots. Have to protect Tua at all costs, and preferably not with a rookie.
Yep. Conklin and Willams look to maybe be the best available at either Tackle spot. Other than that we could settle for an old veteran. Definitely draft a LT and C

Austin Blythe maybe a guard option too? Think he’s okay

I could see us adding a veteran DL or two.. Michael Pierce at DT? Not sure about other guys like the 34 DE.. I’d like to see if Nkemdiche can play at all. Godchcaux, Wilkins, and him COULD be solid. But still need more guys

Pass rusher- Ngakoue? Judon?

Some interesting names at LB. let’s see who we have how they develop, but some names- Blake Martinez, Van Noy (obvious fit), Schobert

We obviously need help at CB outside of X, but we already are paying him a ton so it’ll be hard to justify spending top dollar here on someone like Byron Jones, Marcus Peters, or even Darby or Chris Harris. What about a guy like Trevor Williams from the chargers, i think he was turning into a solid cb?

Safety... not sure but it’s going to need overhauled soon. See how Obi Melifonwu does in NE, maybe bring him in? Justin Simmons? Jimmie Ward? Miles Kilebrew (depth/ lb/s type for him)

Watched #58 on Tampa Bay take William's out behind the woodshed last game.

Conklin and Ngakoue...save the rest for the following year and pick upma CB.

Conklin’s injuries (knee) worry me... I guess we have to take a chance and sign someone but man..

Conklin’s injuries worry me... I guess we have to take a chance and sign someone but man..
You beat me too it. I was just about to post the same thing!!! I love Conklin's toughness, but like you, I'd be worried about injury.

Yeah the injuries are a big concern but we have to do something to protect the future franchise qb

Sign some dudes and draft some

Back
Top Bottom