The Fumble | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Fumble

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
I have had the chance to watch this play 20 times now, and i could honestly say it wasn't RW fault. I am sure every expert around the NFl will start talking about RW's small hands and his fumbleing tendacy, but as i will plee for you to do i will do i would tell them to look at the play again. Dispite Randy Cross saying that Eric Hicks caused the fumble he couldn't be more wrong. Rw never got the hand off. The exchange was made very high right above the 3 on RW's jersey. The ball simply bounced off his forearm and he never got the chance to grab it. I don't want to bash Jay when he is down because i am sure many uninformed fans will when they see the 3 ints in the box score, but if you ever played the game you would know the ball has to be placed right above the pants in the RBs torso. For what ever reason Jay missed the sweet spot on this handoff.

When we first traded for Ricky, I basically said two things to myself: 1) Here is a running back who can be everything we have needed in Miami since Csonka left; 2) Ricky will fumble the ball. Well, for the sake of the first point, I am prepared to swallow the second. Marino threw some costly picks, but we tolerated that because of all the good things he could do. Apart from the 'small hands' issue, Ricky is the style of runner who is likely to cough up the rock. For example, how many times have you seen running backs make a monster ten yard run, where they break five tackles and drag players on their backs, and after all that, they spill the ball.

Bottom line is that I think we all need to except the fact that Ricky will fumble. Hopefully, Ricky has worked hard to do everything that he can to hold on to the ball.

we have to accept the fact that RW may fumble and give him the load or accept the fact that Jay will get picked if we are not mixing in passes w/runs. Pick your poison; and I choose Ricky, Ricky and more Ricky.

P.S.

was that post-Fumble game plan ghosts of Lamar's Jets fumble :lastyr: :jetssuck:

or just a reaction to our pass D sucking so bad :(

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
it's still a fumble :)

I guess your right....especially coming from a guy whos witnessed 4 of them already.

I'm so over that fumble - it really didn't hurt us that much. What hurt us were the multiple INTs at our own 20-yard line.

Well you guys have the Hobson's choice now. I loved Ricky Williams as a Saint, but he does lay the ball on the carpet more than you'd like <ahem>. But you've got to keep his head in the game by giving him the ball all game long. Win with him, lose with him, just play him.

Like I said in another post. Who cares, we lost...let's move on. We have bigger and better fish to fry(patriots).

everyone RB fumbles. Time for the Pats. Mistake free football.

It's his fault...

... but not because he had possession of the ball, but because he lost concentration due to the fact that he was pre-occupied with the KC defender camping out in our backfield on that play.

He did fumble later in the game, but the officials didn't see it.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Dajesus
I have had the chance to watch this play 20 times now, and i could honestly say it wasn't RW fault. I am sure every expert around the NFl will start talking about RW's small hands and his fumbleing tendacy, but as i will plee for you to do i will do i would tell them to look at the play again. Dispite Randy Cross saying that Eric Hicks caused the fumble he couldn't be more wrong. Rw never got the hand off. The exchange was made very high right above the 3 on RW's jersey. The ball simply bounced off his forearm and he never got the chance to grab it. I don't want to bash Jay when he is down because i am sure many uninformed fans will when they see the 3 ints in the box score, but if you ever played the game you would know the ball has to be placed right above the pants in the RBs torso. For what ever reason Jay missed the sweet spot on this handoff.

Ricky only carried 14 times. What is up with that? I agree that Jay messed up the handoff. He also forced passes. Our defense didn't play well. This loss was a team effort. Or lack thereof. I also agree that this game is water under the bridge. Let the guys review the tapes and learn from their mistakes. Then look ahead to the Pats. It's only ONE loss you guys.

Back
Top Bottom