The funniest crap I have ever read | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The funniest crap I have ever read

breckenridge55

K-STATE PHIN
Reaction score
I will tell you right now, I am never going to read an NFL article on sportsline.com again except to laugh at it. I was doing some research and found that of sportsline.com's 5 analysts (one is a system, not a person) who pick games each week, all 5 of them are worse than any of espn.com's 7 who predict games each week. The worse on espn.com is Joe Theismann who is 26-16 (he doesn't predict the Sunday Night games). The best on sportsline.com is sadly, yes, Pete Prisco. He is 26-19. And he is their BEST! Hell, 3 of the analysts on sportsline.com are UNDER .500 for the SEASON! I know the NFL is hard to predict, but come on, UNDER .500!?!? That is so pathetic, I find it funny.

Speaking of the Prick. 2 of his "Best Bets" this week aren't picked by ANY of the 12 analysts at all. He calls the Ravens over the Broncos a best bet. LMAO. Not one other analyst on espn.com or sportsline.com has the Ravens picked to win that game. Same deal with the Bengals over the Bucs. Would someone tell this guy that the Bengals AREN'T going to the playoffs this year? I think sportsline.com puts crack in their analyst's food. Sportsline.co, if you are reading this, I just want to let you know that your NFL coverage is a DISGRACE and I have no idea why anyone goes to your site other than for a good laugh.

One thing that people tend to forget is that, as opposed to ESPN who just calls them straight up, Sportsline's experts are picking winners with regards to the SPREAD.

26-19 against the spread is a pretty bigtime moneymaker right there if he were betting.

Why else, do you think for instance, each one of the CBS Sportsline experts has a 1 tie under their belt? There hasn't been a tie in the NFL in years and there certainly hasn't been one this season. Its because its not a "tie" that is recorded there, its a "push"

26-19-1 makes me think that from now on I'm going to start putting money on each game each week, just betting on Prickso's bets...I'll make a ton each week depending on how much i'm betting.

Still, these guys are NFL "experts", and they are below .500? That means these "experts" are losing money. That's total crap. I didn't know they picked against the spread but whatever. They're still crap if you ask me.

You try picking winners against the spread week-in and week-out. The average picker is not .500 on these matters. The way the NFL is, a lot of times the average picker will be below .500, which annoys vegas rather than delights them because it means the NFL is just too hard to predict and so sporatically vegas might lose some money on their lines.

But if you, for instance, compile all of CBS Sportsline's expert picks into one record, it is 115-110-4. Overall, thats not an entirely bad stable of experts because when you have a stable of them you know that each season some will be hot and some will not be but overall they should get more right than they do wrong. Try to keep in mind also that due to the changeability of the SCALE of bets, a winning record overall against the spread means that hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands, or even hundreds of thousands of dollars can be made by single bettors EACH WEEK. Also try to keep in mind that in general, betting with vegas on football lines is a losing venture in the longrun.

I use to be a habitual gambler...until I realized as I said before that for the most part the only people that make out in gambling are vegas. I'll admit though, seeing Prickso's 26-19-1 record against the spread really makes me wanna throw down some weekly bets....

If it was me... as soon as laid down some cash on one of Prisco's picks, he would start a nose dive. Murphy's law.

Back
Top Bottom