The future of our defense... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The future of our defense...

I don't think Bua will or should remain at LB. With the emergence of both Moore & Pope(& Pope's playing great at ILB) I'd move Bua back to his college position of SS where Arkansas produced heavy hitters such as Ken Hamlin, Kenoy Kennedy, & Steve Atwater.

SMadison29 said:
I don't think Bua will or should remain at LB. With the emergence of both Moore & Pope(& Pope's playing great at ILB) I'd move Bua back to his college position of SS where Arkansas produced heavy hitters such as Ken Hamlin, Kenoy Kennedy, & Steve Atwater.
Good point. I haven't seen this mentioned before, but if it turns out that we have solid depth at LB, it wouldn't surprise me to see this defense go to a 3-4 occasionally to mix things up. At the same time, we'd be giving Tim Bo some rest.

Thoughts?

SMadison29 said:
A good chance of that happening as well as playing some 3-4, but bua only played safety at arkansas his senior year after hamlin left early, leaving a void in the secondary..the rest of the time he was lb. He had a great year last year and i think that says something about his ability to pick up on things quickly. He was an extreme ball hawk at arkansas and set an all time school record for tackles.

SMadison29 said:
Good Oberservation. He will start at SS within the next Two years IMO..

Possible Future Defense:

- Bua S/LB
- Pope LB
- Moore LB
- Greenwood LB
- Bell S
- Poole CB
- Howard - CB

Great back 7!

Now all we need is d-lineman and we could be set!

Howard isn't that young and isn't that good either. I'm not very excited about him. Yeah, he started on a team that went to the Super Bowl, but their secondary was a weakness in their defense. Ricky Manning Jr. had some good games in the playoffs but overall their secondary was never that great. Howard isn't special at all and I don't see him ever starting on this team.

I think Will Poole will be awesome, but I don't see good things for Howard. He isn't a future replacement for Surtain since Howard is only one year younger. I think Poole will eventually prove to be better and will be a future replacement for Madison.

Back
Top Bottom