The Godfatherian Theory | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Godfatherian Theory

johngarryvo

The Voice
Reaction score
It's apparent now that Miami is running the Mularkey offense, which might explain why there's so much confusion on that side of the ball. It happened to his players in Pitt & Buff, now look where they are post MM; Superbowl Champ, and the other making Dick Jauron look like Papa Halas! My point? Nick should never have taken sides with anyone against the family! This Dolphins team was really one the way to becoming a 'family' the end of last season. Then the offseason coaching defections began. Where Nick should have looked for an OC replacement for Linehan was from within: Jason Garrett! From QB coach to OC is the way to build stronger from the inside. And the consensus from around the league is that Jason will get strong consideration from some club to be an OC next season, perhaps even a HC. Your thoughts...?

It's gameday. Nobody should be thinking this much on gameday. We should be sitting around listening to retired football players tell us who they think will win games. This should be posted during the week after a loss. Hopefully not this week.

johngarry said:
It's apparent now that Miami is running the Mularkey offense, which might explain why there's so much confusion on that side of the ball. It happened to his players in Pitt & Buff, now look where they are post MM; Superbowl Champ, and the other making Dick Jauron look like Papa Halas! My point? Nick should never have taken sides with anyone against the family! This Dolphins team was really one the way to becoming a 'family' the end of last season. Then the offseason coaching defections began. Where Nick should have looked for an OC replacement for Linehan was from within: Jason Garrett! From QB coach to OC is the way to build stronger from the inside. And the consensus from around the league is that Jason will get strong consideration from some club to be an OC next season, perhaps even a HC. Your thoughts...?
My theory, and it's pure speculation on my part, is that Nick didn't think Jason was ready. He needed another year or 2 of seasoning. He hired MM as a stopgap and has him run the same "O" that we have been running, albeit with a few tweaks here and there. He figures MM will only be around for 1 or possibly 2 years, at which point JG is ready and can run the same "O" that they have been running for 3 years. This would allow him in the end to "stay within the family" but not put someone in that may not be ready to fulfill the job. Just my theory.

Back
Top Bottom